Poll

What will the A boundary be?

Who else is doing this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me :biggrin:
me too :smile:
Reply 3
I am! Anyone else dreading proof by induction coming up?
Reply 4
Original post by YveT
I am! Anyone else dreading proof by induction coming up?

No. It will almost certainly appear. It's very methodical and the last two marks are extremely easy to get. What topics do you like?
Reply 5
Original post by SH0405
No. It will almost certainly appear. It's very methodical and the last two marks are extremely easy to get. What topics do you like?

Matrices and imaginary numbers are always a bit of fun! Roots of equations are also good, usually easy marks.
What about you?
Original post by SH0405

Extremely easy to get if you get everything else correct, as one of them is dependant on proving the statement true for N=1 and the other is dependant on proving if true for N= k it is true for N = k+1
Reply 7
Original post by Eux
Extremely easy to get if you get everything else correct, as one of them is dependant on proving the statement true for N=1 and the other is dependant on proving if true for N= k it is true for N = k+1

I'm usually fine with them, but struggle a bit on the ones that use the sequence notation as I always seem to screw up the algebra in the middle, which means that you can't get both the explanation marks as you said.
70% of exams is about confidence. Have faith that what you are doing is right, and you will do fine. Thats what i've found anyway
Reply 9
Original post by Eux

True - but I find both fine. Which topics do you find the trickiest?
Reply 10
Original post by YveT
Matrices and imaginary numbers are always a bit of fun! Roots of equations are also good, usually easy marks.
What about you?

I like most of the topics, apart from matrix transformations. They're ok, but not great.
Original post by SH0405
True - but I find both fine. Which topics do you find the trickiest?

None of it is completely off the scale in difficulty, but some of the more complex Argand diagram questions require a little more thought.
I am, not a fan of proof by induction when there are powers involved, any tips?
Reply 13
Original post by SH0405
I like most of the topics, apart from matrix transformations. They're ok, but not great.

Which other modules are you sitting this year along with FP1?
Reply 14
Original post by YveT
Which other modules are you sitting this year along with FP1?

C3, C4, D1, M1, M2 (today), DE, FP1 and FP2. You?
Reply 15
Original post by SH0405
C3, C4, D1, M1, M2 (today), DE, FP1 and FP2. You?

That is a lot of maths!! I'm sitting C2, C3, D1, FP1 and NM. I am in Year 12 but started AS maths in Year 11 & am doing it over 3 years so only have 2 modules for 'normal' maths to sit this year!
Reply 16
Original post by YveT
That is a lot of maths!! I'm sitting C2, C3, D1, FP1 and NM. I am in Year 12 but started AS maths in Year 11 & am doing it over 3 years so only have 2 modules for 'normal' maths to sit this year!

I quite like maths :smile:

I'm doing Further Maths at the moment (retaking C3 and C4 to get an A* this year).
Reply 17
Original post by SH0405
I quite like maths :smile:

I'm doing Further Maths at the moment (retaking C3 and C4 to get an A* this year).

I quite like maths as well! People think I'm crazy for taking Further Maths because only 2 people in my year are.....
Are you aiming for high grades in your other subjects too? What else are you taking?
Reply 18
Original post by YveT
I quite like maths as well! People think I'm crazy for taking Further Maths because only 2 people in my year are.....
Are you aiming for high grades in your other subjects too? What else are you taking?

Just Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Only 5 people in my year doing FM. Hoping for A*AA respectively for Warwick. You?
Reply 19
Original post by SH0405
Just Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Only 5 people in my year doing FM. Hoping for A*AA respectively for Warwick. You?

Nice subject choices!
I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths, hoping for A*AA (at least) overall for Biochemistry at Oxford, but am also looking at Sheffield, Warwick and York :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending