The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Wed. 13/5/15 Scramble for Africa

I can't find any forums on the Scramble for Africa topic of the Edexcel history AS exam, so I just thought I'd see how everyone else found it
I HATED how the questions were phrased, and I have no idea if my essays answered the point
How did everyone else find it?
Reply 1
Yeah the phrasing for the question I did was terrible. It was about how British expansion into Egypt and the Sudan was due to reacting to events. People in my class took the right approach I feel, by disagreeing with the question and then just talk about Economics/Strategy but I agreed with the question and while I wrote enough and had an argument I feel as if it wasn't very good :frown:
Original post by faux pas
Yeah the phrasing for the question I did was terrible. It was about how British expansion into Egypt and the Sudan was due to reacting to events. People in my class took the right approach I feel, by disagreeing with the question and then just talk about Economics/Strategy but I agreed with the question and while I wrote enough and had an argument I feel as if it wasn't very good :frown:

I had no idea what it meant by 'reacting to events', so I ended up doing whether the boer war was of equal british and boer blame - however we had never been through who was to blame so I just went through all the causes and discussed who was mainly responsible , although I have no idea if this was the correct structure:frown:

People in my class who chose the North Africa question did a different structure, by linking everything back to British reactions (economic events etc.) - there are loads of ways people have answered it , so I wouldn't worry:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending