The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C1 - Wednesday 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whittick
It was 100% 40 square units.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you get marks for mentioning the distance formula?
What points did you get?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you sure it was 40 square units :hmmm:.Everyone seems to have different answers for that question.

It definitely is. If you scroll back there are many people who have proved why popular answers such as 50 and 20root5 are wrong.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you get marks for mentioning the distance formula?
What points did you get?

I'm not sure but if you got the correct lengths of the 3 sides then I would have thought so...

And I substituted y=0 into the equation of the circle and the tangent, then did 3 lots of the distance formula and a simple half base-height to get 40 units square haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Tbh sorry no dont remember any.. Reckon high boundaries as it wasnt too hard
Original post by Madhutty
It definitely is. If you scroll back there are many people who have proved why popular answers such as 50 and 20root5 are wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah damn.I hope I pick at least 1 marl from that question.I need to get a high A in this C1 exam :s-smilie:.
Original post by gabby07
It was only 4 marks.

I would say M1, 2 for the points, since this was the main brief of the question.
M3 for base and height
A1 for answer

Oh, ok sorry. Yeah; you're quite right then.
Original post by chloe-jessica
From this, expand the right to get:
xlog7 = xlog2 + log2

Collect like terms:
xlog7 - xlog2 = log2

Factorise:
x (log7 - log2) = log 2

Use log rule with subtracting -> dividing:
x (log(7/2)) = log 2

Divide:
x = log2 / log(7/2)

Hope that helped :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah damn.I hope I pick at least 1 marl from that question.I need to get a high A in this C1 exam :s-smilie:.

Are you resitting then?

Also if those are the only marks you dropped then 69/72 is almost definitely 90UMS at least.
Original post by Whittick
It was 100% 40 square units.

Yeah it was I got it wrong though 😒
xlog7 = (x + 1)log2
(log7)/(log2) = (x + 1)/x
(log7)/(log2) = 1 + 1/x
(log7)/(log2) - 1 = 1/x
x = 1/((log7)/log2) - 1)

Probably wrong... It's been a long year since I did any C2.
I'm pretty sure there's a (Not MEI) OCR C2 post somewhere on TSR for you

Haha! No fault of yours!! I find it incredible how people remember everything about the exam paper :tongue:
Are you resitting then?

Also if those are the only marks you dropped then 69/72 is almost definitely 90UMS at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah,I think I got wrong answer for k and forgot to mention stretch for the graph.
Apart from that,I pretty sure I got full marks on everything else.
Reply 452

it was actually 3 marks
for question 8iii i worked it out 2 ways and got two different answers - one of which was correct. What will they do about that will they give me any marks at all?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah,I think I got wrong answer for k and forgot to mention stretch for the graph.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote 40 but no units squared would i lose marks
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get the scale factor (1/3) ? If so then that's probably going to be a mid-low A
Is there an unofficial markschem
Original post by lucybrooks17
for question 8iii i worked it out 2 ways and got two different answers - one of which was correct. What will they do about that will they give me any marks at all?

What was 8iii again? And what answers did you put
Original post by lucybrooks17

Perhaps. Usually if you give two answers either a 'list' principle will apply where they will award the first answer that naturally appears 1st in your working. If you put in full working for both methods, the examiner could take that two ways. You may benefit from ALL of the marks except the A mark(s) (for your final answer) or if the examiner isn't so lenient, he may dock you marks for 'hedging your bets' by equating two solutions. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending