The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE ICT Theory

Is anyone doing IGCSE ICT, I found the mocks and past papers pretty easy but looking at some specimen papers i'm not sure what to think. :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by breach
Is anyone doing IGCSE ICT, I found the mocks and past papers pretty easy but looking at some specimen papers i'm not sure what to think. :s-smilie:

I think I got 70/80 in practical 1, 30/80 in practical 2 (cannot do HTML) so how many do you think I need to get in the theory for the B?
Reply 2
Original post by breach

Where did you find the specimen papers? well what my teacher said that they are trying to make the papers a little harder-.- but the grade boundaries should be quite nice for theory.... but nonetheless I'm a bit worried for it ahaha
Reply 3
Original post by saraix
Where did you find the specimen papers? well what my teacher said that they are trying to make the papers a little harder-.- but the grade boundaries should be quite nice for theory.... but nonetheless I'm a bit worried for it ahaha

http://www.cie.org.uk/images/168401-2016-specimen-paper-1.pdf

I hope it's easy like the other papers seem to be, although if we get questions like this specimen paper for 2016 then I will fail because we haven't learnt most things on it :frown:
Reply 4
the practicals this year were incredibly easy, i have a feeling theory will be very hard :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by nile1233
the practicals this year were incredibly easy, i have a feeling theory will be very hard :frown:

Yeah... I agree with you, like for the excel part so super easy.... there wasn't any nested ifs or anything like that!! However, if the theory is hard then the grade boundaries would be pretty low?
Reply 6
Original post by breach
http://www.cie.org.uk/images/168401-2016-specimen-paper-1.pdf

I hope it's easy like the other papers seem to be, although if we get questions like this specimen paper for 2016 then I will fail because we haven't learnt most things on it :frown:

Thankyou!!! Yeah don't worry, fingers crossed we won't get questions like that either because we've never been taught quite a lot of that stuff... like what the heck is a RFID chip:') :eek:
Reply 7
Original post by saraix
Thankyou!!! Yeah don't worry, fingers crossed we won't get questions like that either because we've never been taught quite a lot of that stuff... like what the heck is a RFID chip:') :eek:

Do you know if there is anything on the internet that has like a checklist for what we need to know for the exam?
Original post by breach
Do you know if there is anything on the internet that has like a checklist for what we need to know for the exam?

IGCSEICT.info
Reply 9
Was anyone else disappointed/annoyed that there wasn't a match the word with the picture question?:')
Reply 10
Original post by saraix
Was anyone else disappointed/annoyed that there wasn't a match the word with the picture question?:')

Yeah it was a different layout to normal :angry: I'm not sure how I did what file format did you choose? And how well do you think you did?
Reply 11
Original post by breach
Yeah it was a different layout to normal :angry: I'm not sure how I did what file format did you choose? And how well do you think you did?

It was so annoying!! No one in my class knew what to put so we put database/table.... what about you? And overall it was fine- that question about James though!!:angry: Find it okay?
Original post by saraix
It was so annoying!! No one in my class knew what to put so we put database/table.... what about you? And overall it was fine- that question about James though!!:angry: Find it okay?

I put database :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by HarryKane28
I put database :biggrin:

Yay high five:') Did you find that there were a lot more long questions then compared to past papers?
Reply 14
Original post by saraix

Yeah I found it not too bad but it was harder than the past papers :s-smilie: I've got to revise for Chemistry tomorrow, i've left it too late :eek: Good luck with your other exams.
Original post by saraix
yay high five:':wink: did you find that there were a lot more long questions then compared to past papers?

too many 6 markers!!!!
Reply 16
Original post by breach
Yeah I found it not too bad but it was harder than the past papers :s-smilie: I've got to revise for Chemistry tomorrow, i've left it too late :eek: Good luck with your other exams.

Aha same! Are you doing igcse aqa? thankyou and good luck- have fun cramming!!!:wink:
Reply 17
Original post by HarryKane28
too many 6 markers!!!!

Lets hope the grade boundaries are nice on us:')
Original post by saraix
Lets hope the grade boundaries are nice on us:':wink:

Hahahah yeah, I need it since I messed up badly on the HTML practical :P
Reply 19
I just did my GCSE IT exam paper ' living in a digital world' unit 1, i found it easy but has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme for it??????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending