The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C1 - Wednesday 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Charlieukharris
Is there an unofficial markschem

In the original post, click 'show spoiler'. The questions aren't in the right order as I can't remember the order (I have said people can correct me but nobody has) but the answers are there.
Reply 461
use the discriminant b^2-4ac and no real roots so <0

(-1)^2-(4x2x-3x-k)
1+24-8k<0
25<-8k
-25/8>k
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Charlieukharris
Is there an unofficial markschem

Not yet, although if you read the replies you can gather most of the answers that most people are interested in.
how many ums will 67 be
Original post by ss1529
use the discriminant b^2-4ac and no real roots so <0

(-1)^2-(4x2x-3x-k)
1+24-8k<0
25<-8k
-25/8<k

Actually k < -25/8 because the graph was a positive x2 function
Original post by Madhutty
Did you get the scale factor (1/3) ? If so then that's probably going to be a mid-low A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got SF 1/3,I'm hoping that it might still possible to get high 80s to low 90s on that C1, if the mark scheme is lenient.
Original post by Rubberduckiller
how many ums will 67 be

Most likely around ~87.
Reply 467
I spoke to Mr M, he is going to release his version of an unofficial mark scheme tomorrow. This is probably the most accurate we can get, since he will have the paper and he's a lot more trustworthy than the rest of us just saying what we got is right!
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got SF 1/3,I'm hoping that it might still possible to get high 80s to low 90s.

I'd estimate about 67-68 for 90
Most likely around ~87.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confused how you calculated this.Did you not divide 67 by 72 and times by 100 ?
How did you calculate ums?
Most likely around ~87.

I strongly believe though that this C1 was one of the hardest in the last 3-4 years of exams. You can expect the UMS boundaries to be lower.
Original post by chloe-jessica
I spoke to Mr M, he is going to release his version of an unofficial mark scheme tomorrow. This is probably the most accurate we can get, since he will have the paper and he's a lot more trustworthy than the rest of us just saying what we got is right!

Who even is Mr M?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confused how you calculated this.Did you not divide 67 by 72 and times by 100 ?

UMS would depend on the grade boundaries that the board set. There is no 'set' way of calculating them. Each year the ratio of raw : UMS differs, so that is just an estimated value.
Reply 473
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Who even is Mr M?

Maths god of TSR would be a reasonably accurate way to describe him.
Original post by gabby07
I strongly believe though that this C1 was one of the hardest in the last 3-4 years of exams. You can expect the UMS boundaries to be lower.

I'd say it was on the same level as june 2013, which needed 61 for an A. it definitely won't be 65 for an A like last year
Original post by chloe-jessica
Maths god of TSR would be a reasonably accurate way to describe him.

Oh, I knew that but I mean is he a teacher who just kindly posts the answers to us?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

These are all estimated, and based on my knowledge of previous paper difficulty + UMS boundaries. 61-62 is average difficulty, this was a fairly average paper so I'd say about 63 for 80 and 68 for 90.

Don't take my word for it though! This isn't 100% certain.
Original post by gabby07

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully!
Reply 478
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Oh, I knew that but I mean is he a teacher who just kindly posts the answers to us?

I assume so, not 100% sure to be honest.
would someone work out for me if i definitely got these questions right: 1, 2, 3i+ii, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10i +ii what UMS and grade am i likely to get? can't remember the marks for all the questions!! thanks :gthumb:

Quick Reply

Latest