The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
for 10b I worked out the gradient to be -1/2x i forgot to make it normal. Will I get at least 1 mark?
Reply 301
how many marks would i need in c2 and m1 roughly if i got about 58ish in this c1?
Original post by Mr mysterious
In one of the mark schemes it says "Ignore wrong working or incorrect statements following a correct answer." So im pretty you'll get the marks then, what do you think you've got overall?:smile:

minimum 64 and maximum 66-67 :c but I'm always hard on myself when marking though.. I may look like a stalker but well done on your 67:smile:
Reply 303
Original post by Oz.e
how many marks would i need in c2 and m1 roughly if i got about 58ish in this c1?

need?
for what exactly?
I got roughly the same as you! Well I'm kinda disappointed tho :/ do u think we might have a slight chance for getting 90 for UMS?
Reply 305
Original post by TeeEm
need?
for what exactly?

Sorry, how many marks would i need for an A overall?
Hey arsey, will you be doing the mark scheme for the m3 paper?
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.

Edit

The vast majority of questions seem to be about boundaries - you may as well start a thread asking what the weather will be like next week. No one knows, the boundaries are calculated using statistics based on the actual performance of students taking the exam. So it depends how everyone else did.

It wasn't an easy paper, it wasn't particularly hard. It had some tricky questions, but tricky questions are more standard on the recent papers. If you found it hard I would advise that you go through all of the Solomon papers as well as the recent Edexcel papers.

I would be very surprised if it was below 60 for 80ums as the last two boundaries were 63 and 64 and they were not easy papers (from what I can remember).

so 62-64 would be reasonable to assume for 80ums. 100ums will almost certainly be 75/75.
Reply 307
Original post by Oz.e
Sorry, how many marks would i need for an A overall?

well it depends but if we are to assume the boundaries on C2 and M1 are around 60 to 62 for an A, then you will scape an A in AS with around 63ish.

Note that from my personal experience very few people that scrape an A in AS, end up with A overall.
Reply 308
Original post by Arsey
If you look on this site, you will find that I have posted my solutions to the 2014(R) papers. Normally in the UK solutions thread.

I don't do S3

Yeah I meant R paper for S3.
So you don't do any S3 at all?
Okay panicking - I have totally no understanding of how this stuff works-

Is this not illegal? How do you have access to the paper?

I really don't want the exam to be recalled or whatever because according to this I actually did well.
Last year I got 84 UMS so I got around 65/66 last year, this year I calculated I got 60/75. Time to go all out on the C2 retake! If I get 8 more UMS in the C2 retake than what I got last year (got 67ums last year so if I get 75 ums this year) I'll be on an A for AS...then I need to smash A2 and get an A overall! Seems easy...but after this exam I'm not feeling confident AT ALL for c3 c4 and s2 :'(!
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

Edit

The vast majority of questions seem to be about boundaries - you may as well start a thread asking what the weather will be like next week. No one knows, the boundaries are calculated using statistics based on the actual performance of students taking the exam. So it depends how everyone else did.

It wasn't an easy paper, it wasn't particularly hard. It had some tricky questions, but tricky questions are more standard on the recent papers. If you found it hard I would advise that you go through all of the Solomon papers as well as the recent Edexcel papers.

I would be very surprised if it was below 60 for 80ums as the last two boundaries were 63 and 64 and they were not easy papers (from what I can remember).

so 62-64 would be reasonable to assume for 80ums. 100ums will almost certainly be 75/75.

june 2014 was piss easy
Reply 312
Original post by TeeEm
well it depends but if we are to assume the boundaries on C2 and M1 are around 60 to 62 for an A, then you will scape an A in AS with around 63ish.

Note that from my personal experience very few people that scrape an A in AS, end up with A overall.

Ah thanks so much, also for putting the mark scheme, i thought id done much worse before i saw it, if end up with about 58ish in c1 and hopefully an A in c2, i just need to work on my M1 as i can't seem to get more than a C in it
Reply 313
Ok, listen up guys, for 10b I did the differentiated equation(gradient, Call it e1), multiplied by the gradient of the equation for the normal (call it e2) and multiplied them together to equal -1 : so e1*e2= -1

and then manipulated the algebra to get x=3/2. Is this right???????????????????????????
Reply 314
Original post by Oz.e
Ah thanks so much, also for putting the mark scheme, i thought id done much worse before i saw it, if end up with about 58ish in c1 and hopefully an A in c2, i just need to work on my M1 as i can't seem to get more than a C in it

Thanks
I hope you do well
Arsey did put up the marking scheme, not me
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

Edit

So would 57/75 be a grade B or at least over 70%?
Original post by ainura.km
minimum 64 and maximum 66-67 :c but I'm always hard on myself when marking though.. I may look like a stalker but well done on your 67:smile:

That's good then at least you know you've got an A at least:smile: don't worry you don't haha and thank you:biggrin:
Original post by Tearrs
Ok, listen up guys, for 10b I did the differentiated equation(gradient, Call it e1), multiplied by the gradient of the equation for the normal (call it e2) and multiplied them together to equal -1 : so e1*e2= -1

and then manipulated the algebra to get x=3/2. Is this right???????????????????????????

Did you get the right answer? Yes.
Stop asking then muppet
They mark any valid solution as correct, unless you did anything wildly stupid and arrived at the answer by luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Did you get the right answer? Yes.
Stop asking then muppet
They mark any valid solution as correct, unless you did anything wildly stupid and arrived at the answer by luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

:mmm:

Dont be rude lel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 319
HELP PLEASE!!! For q5B, was it ok to leave the inequality as 3-2root2>p>3+2root2 instead of saying or, as my inequality signs where facing the correct way.

Latest