The Student Room Group

AQA maths core 1, 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
i'd say between 60 and 63

Hoping its lower than that. I think i got around 54. Maybe I'm wishing too much.
Reply 581
Original post by Achroite
Anyone???

Did you say your line went through/cut the origin and touched x=3 only, because if you did I did that that aswell.
Reply 582
Comparing these to my answers. Really happy and really annoyed. At least I have definitely done better than last year. :dance:
Reply 583
Grade Boundary Predictions anyone ?
Original post by asunny1998
I think I got something similar to you

You needed to do 54 minus 108/5 which would give you 162/5 or 32.4
Does anyone know what the dimensions were for the cylinder
Same as all the years before. I reckon 62 for an A
Original post by Rk2k14
Hoping its lower than that. I think i got around 54. Maybe I'm wishing too much.

the lowest it's ever been is 56 but who knows! if it was 54, that'd be a dream because that would put 100 UMS at around 68/69!!

this year's was more difficult than last year's so i'm hoping an A will be 60/75 (june 2013's was much easier than this yet it was 59 for an A so it could be even lower than 60). but idk, we'll just have to wait it out. best of luck!!
Did a similar question to the cylinder one but in the exam I ******* it up. Probably cost me my A:mad:
Original post by Ben :)
Got exactly the same except 7biv), I think I put X = -2 by mistake!

x=-2 is correct! :biggrin:
Original post by Ben :)
Got exactly the same except 7biv), I think I put X = -2 by mistake!

Check post 105 on page 6. the root is x=-2
Original post by tanyapotter
the lowest it's ever been is 56 but who knows! if it was 54, that'd be a dream because that would put 100 UMS at around 68/69!!

this year's was more difficult than last year's so i'm hoping an A will be 60/75 (june 2013's was much easier than this yet it was 59 for an A so it could be even lower than 60). but idk, we'll just have to wait it out. best of luck!!

You too.
Dreading C2 though. Hate it.
Hi all, im currently studying A2. Ive heard a mixture of how people found the paper in my college. 90% of people were talking about that cylinder qs,
if you remember any of the questions, im here if you want me to give you an answer
Reply 593
Original post by Guls
Grade Boundary Predictions anyone ?

I hope the grade boundary is low 60's but i think worst case scenario i got 64 best case i got 69(hoping 64 is enough) does anyone know what these scores would be in UMS?
Does anyone remember what question 2 was
Reply 595
18x3 is 54 not 48
I also think the OP has written the answer to 8a incorrectly as I remember it being 13-k or k-13 (can't remember which of the two was negative anymore
Did you say your line went through/cut the origin and touched x=3 only, because if you did I did that that aswell.

Yes that is what I meant, someone else said that would only get 1/3 marks!
Reply 598
Found this paper easier than last years for some reason, what do you guys reckon will be enough for a c
Original post by iJAKE
I hope the grade boundary is low 60's but i think worst case scenario i got 64 best case i got 69(hoping 64 is enough) does anyone know what these scores would be in UMS?

All the other years its been 62 for an A so ull probs get an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending