The Student Room Group

Arsey's S15 C1 Model Answers (attached to 1st post)

Edexcel C1 2016 Exam chat is here.

Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.

Edit

The vast majority of questions seem to be about boundaries - you may as well start a thread asking what the weather will be like next week. No one knows, the boundaries are calculated using statistics based on the actual performance of students taking the exam. So it depends how everyone else did.

It wasn't an easy paper, it wasn't particularly hard. It had some tricky questions, but tricky questions are more standard on the recent papers. If you found it hard I would advise that you go through all of the Solomon papers as well as the recent Edexcel papers.

I would be very surprised if it was below 60 for 80ums as the last two boundaries were 63 and 64 and they were not easy papers (from what I can remember).

so 62-64 would be reasonable to assume for 80ums. 100ums will almost certainly be 75/75.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Love you man
Thank you!
thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by arsey
here are my solutions.

you are a gangstaaa, i love you
Reply 5
ty :biggrin:
Any predictions for grade boundaries Arsey? I figured 59-61 for an A, sound reasonable?

Also, question 5 a, I didn't start out with b^2 - 4ac < 0. I started with > 0. How many marks would I have lost? I ended up with the right answer, I think.
There will just be an answer mark for 7a) right? My working was dodgy but I still got the answer
Reply 8
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

What do you reckon 71-73 would be? Also, how many marks would I drop on question 2 for getting the same factorised form as you, but writing the solutions as x=4 and 1/2 and then getting the y coordinates wrong also because of it?
Thank you so much!!!! it really helps marking my paper.
How many UMS points for 70 maybe 71 marks out of 75?
Such a happy moment :I took 100 %
Got 70.6 percent.
53/75 .
Predictions of grade ?
Thankyou! Think i've got around 49-52, which hopefully is a high C/low B
Reply 15
Thanks Arsey! For question with the inequality in p I got it correct but with x instead of p would I lose a mark for this? Also what do you expect the grade boundary to be for 100 ums?
Reply 16
Original post by EMPA2015
Got 70.6 percent.
53/75 .
Predictions of grade ?

Borderline c and B I would say
Will 65 be an a?
Reply 18
For Q6, I got my dy/dx as x - 3/2 - 6. How many marks would i lose for that out of 5? And also how many would i lose for part b as i needed dy/dx to work out the equation of the line.
Thank you!

Some marks lost for adding the wrong way round!

Latest

Trending

Trending