The Student Room Group

GCSE edexcel Chemistry-C1

C1 exam tomorrow, any predictions for 6 mark questions????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Polymerisation
Reply 2
Biofuels or disadvantagss of recycling
Original post by natrium

Electrolysis or Biofuels.
Reply 4
Disadvantages of renewable biofuels and crude oil fractions and shape memory alloys
Reply 5
Original post by Niall12345
Electrolysis or Biofuels.

I think disadvantages of biofuels is going to come uo
What are the disadvantages of biofuels? Also have you learnt about the specific uses of them (like biogas and bioethanol) or just generally? I'm starting to stress!!
Original post by _cryinglightning
What are the disadvantages of biofuels? Also have you learnt about the specific uses of them (like biogas and bioethanol) or just generally? I'm starting to stress!!

A disadvantage of biofuels is that they take up land which could be used to grow crops. Hope this helps. Also, try not to be stressed and just remain calm and take deep breaths before u go into an exam. I get stressed too but I try my best to keep calm by taking deep breaths.
Original post by Niall12345
A disadvantage of biofuels is that they take up land which could be used to grow crops. Hope this helps. Also, try not to be stressed and just remain calm and take deep breaths before u go into an exam. I get stressed too but I try my best to keep calm by taking deep breaths.

Thank you!
Original post by natrium

My teacher guessed the disposal of polymers i.e. recycling, incineration, and landfill, to be one 6 marker this year. I also have a feeling that the other 6 marker may be the formation of the atmosphere in chronological order, but I think that may be too nice of them, especially after the biology paper this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GCSEStudent386
My teacher guessed the disposal of polymers i.e. recycling, incineration, and landfill, to be one 6 marker this year. I also have a feeling that the other 6 marker may be the formation of the atmosphere in chronological order, but I think that may be too nice of them, especially after the biology paper this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those would be the easiest six mark questions ever.
What time will your exams be? and is it possible if you guys tell us what came for the paper? as well as for the 6 marks
How can you write 6 marks about the disadvantages of biofuels?!?!?!
I'm just hoping this Exam is easy. I genuinely despise chemistry
Original post by kirsty123456

Takes up land normally used for food. Causes food shortages. Less supply means that the price of things go up. Have to spend huge quantities of cash building all necessary infrastructure eg processing plants, refuelling station car engines to run off the new fuels etc. Biofuels are often also worse in terms of the energy released per given amount used

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by samb1234
Takes up land normally used for food. Causes food shortages. Less supply means that the price of things go up. Have to spend huge quantities of cash building all necessary infrastructure eg processing plants, refuelling station car engines to run off the new fuels etc. Biofuels are often also worse in terms of the energy released per given amount used

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perfect answer!!!
Reply 16
Original post by kirsty123456

takes up space to grow that could have been used for farm land, not alot of energy produced per kg, few cars run on bio fuels, few fueling stations for bio fuels.
Original post by Earl Francis
What time will your exams be? and is it possible if you guys tell us what came for the paper? as well as for the 6 marks

Doesnt everyone whos doing the paper do it all at the same time?
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow! I, myself, am petrified. Chemistry isn't my most favorite subject. :-/
Reply 19
Guys remember to revise everything! These are just predictions ans can go wrong... so don't just concentrate on what you think will come in the test... revise everything!!!
Good luck I hope it's a nice paper and we all do well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest