The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Mechanics 2 (Wednesday 13th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by OrangePenguin
ICan anyone remember how many marks the last question was worth. There was the question which said show it bounces back up to 2.5m and there was another which said work out the x distance displaces. I think one was 5 and 1 was three but can't remember which way round

yeah the show that it bounces back to 2.5 was the 5 marker, the show the x distance was a 3 marker
Thanks
Well, my entire class failed this paper... We found it to be horrific, which suggests that perhaps it is our teacher's fault, partly at least.. I suppose we'll be retaking next year!.. Oh well.. Anyone else know theirs was a disaster/any words of comfort?
I used suvat for most of question 2. I won't lose marks as long as my answers are correct right?
Reply 44
Original post by Samuel.Winnall
Well, my entire class failed this paper... We found it to be horrific, which suggests that perhaps it is our teacher's fault, partly at least.. I suppose we'll be retaking next year!.. Oh well.. Anyone else know theirs was a disaster/any words of comfort?

My whole class found this horrific too! Hopefully everyone did so the grade boundaries will be super low haha
Haha at least we're not alone! I agree but alas I doubt they'll go into single figures 😉
Reply 46
Original post by Can of tango
I used suvat for most of question 2. I won't lose marks as long as my answers are correct right?

You won't lose marks. The mark scheme often have the marks outlined for energy and suvat methods.
does anyone remember the first 3 parts of question 2?
Original post by SH0405
You won't lose marks. The mark scheme often have the marks outlined for energy and suvat methods.

Thanks, I was just panicking that the question might've said 'using work energy methods...' and I didn't read that bit, I know they do that sometimes.
http://mauriceyap.co.uk/m2/

I've tried to make a list of answers as best I could. Please reply with corrections!
Reply 50
Original post by mauriceyap
http://mauriceyap.co.uk/m2/

I've tried to make a list of answers as best I could. Please reply with corrections!

I thought μ is constant
Original post by mathsexam2013
by nice i mean the answer was to 1 decimal place
also do u remember any of the answers to qs4 such as the velocity of q

I think I got the Initial velocity of Q to be 5ms^-1 to the right, after working out the Final velocity of P was -4ms^-1 (4ms^-1 to the left)
Reply 52
I'm pretty sure I got the velocity of q to be 7 for the first part
Original post by Omicr
I thought μ is constant

It's constant but unknown. Friction is not necessarily FMax as although the system is in equilibrium, it's not on the point of sliding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jpatel1234
Does anyone remember what the masses of the two objects and the velocities which were given in the question (of 4) were please as i want to try to see if i can get the correct answers

P was going 6ms-1 to the left, Q was going 5ms-1 to the right if memory serves me right. P had mass 4kg and Q, 5kg I think, but I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jpatel1234
Does anyone remember what the masses of the two objects and the velocities which were given in the question (of 4) were please as i want to try to see if i can get the correct answers

6ms =>
P(4kg) -----------Q(5kg)
-------------------<=3ms

That's all they gave us
I'm dreaming of low grade boundaries :/ Anyone help me figure out how many marks I got based on this being what I got wrong:

everything correct up to u>=tan(theta) ----- I put u=tan(theta) (should only lose 1 but maybe 2) (was out of 3)
Got COM perimeter question entirely wrong (was out of 3 marks)
Got P=+/- 4ms but didn't know why it was -4ms (will only lose 1, maybe 2 if they're really mean)
I said block would move when it didn't (defo lost the 2 marks)
And therefore from previous part, missed out 1 force in KE equation to find distance P had travelled down slope, so got x wrong :/ (i think that was a 5 mark part correct me if I'm wrong)

To me that's a loss of 2+3+1+2+4= 12 marks lost worst case scenario
or 1+3+1+2+1 = 8 marks lost best case scenario i think!

So I got between 60-64 / 72 .... Really wanted >85 UMS :/ The dream was 90 UMS but can give up on that.
Reply 57
Just wanted to see how every one found the M2 exam this wednesday...
I thought it was so hard!
Original post by Can of tango
Thanks, I was just panicking that the question might've said 'using work energy methods...' and I didn't read that bit, I know they do that sometimes.

SUVAT only works for constant acceleration though
Original post by Samuel.Winnall

Mine was a complete disaster!!! I didn't finish a single question!!! Ull be fine if u can retake next year, just do all the past papers,it works for me...sadly I can't do it next year!! I need to get 100 ums in c3 and c4 to get an A now!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending