The Student Room Group

A Level choices

How big is the step up if I wished to do all 3 sciences and maths?
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
How big is the step up if I wished to do all 3 sciences and maths?

I done all sciences and maths , to be perfectly honest i would not choose physics, the step up is not too high because you will have more time to revise the topics in detail,
Physics is the one I would wish to do most, along with maths, why wouldn't you do it?
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
Physics is the one I would wish to do most, along with maths, why wouldn't you do it?

It is really boring personally for me i want to get into chemical engineering , biology
Reply 4
I'm currently doing those and I really do enjoy them. Maths and Biology I find the easiest, Physics is the hardest purely because of the mechanics in unit 2. Unit 1 is quite easy and just kind of eases you into as levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Chemistry and physics are the hardest 2 a levels so taking both is not a good idea in my opinion unless you're confident or if you need both your your desired course.
Reply 6
Original post by Fortauna
Chemistry and physics are the hardest 2 a levels so taking both is not a good idea in my opinion unless you're confident or if you need both your your desired course.

I'd disagree with that actually.
They're quite demanding but they complement each other well and it's easy to relate one thing from physics to another in Chem. It does depend on how good you are with sciences though😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by RonnieRJ
I'd disagree with that actually.
They're quite demanding but they complement each other well and it's easy to relate one thing from physics to another in Chem. It does depend on how good you are with sciences though😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, for me I almost took 3 sciences and maths but decided to swap physics for literature and am infinitely glad I did since I wouldn't have coped with the step up since it is already big enough for chemistry!! But yeah if you're brill at the sciences go for it, I know lots of people who cope with it. But if you're having doubts about it like I did then I don't recommend it, especially if it doesn't matter for the course you're going for.

Quick Reply

Latest