The Student Room Group

Can i use liquid ink pen in EXAMS? (WJEC)

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/uniball-eye-rollerball-pens-medium-nib-black-ink-pack-of-3/24276313

i want to use these pens because they are the ones i've been using every year and most comfortable with, but i read that they stressed on biro so much cos the papers are being scanned?! -_-
biros hurt my hands, make my writing horrible and the ink is so unreliable since it skips often.
anyone know better about the rules of pens, i definitely know they wont allow gel, but not so sure on this ink in particular
Reply 1
The papers usually state 'black ink or black ballpoint pen'
Hey, I sat my first exam on Monday and have one tomorrow; I was allowed to use my fountain pen when I asked, especially since, like you, biro makes my handwriting really messy. I'm quite sure that you are allowed, but just double check anyway. :smile:
I have heard from todays exam that you are not allowed gel pens(even if black) just allowed black biro pens. Not sure if your allowed ink pens but maybe I wouldn't risk it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JackHarrison
The papers usually state 'black ink or black ballpoint pen'

they should be more specific xD and say ''liquid''
Reply 5
Original post by Everdeen16
Hey, I sat my first exam on Monday and have one tomorrow; I was allowed to use my fountain pen when I asked, especially since, like you, biro makes my handwriting really messy. I'm quite sure that you are allowed, but just double check anyway. :smile:

i had to sit through my first exam with a biro and it suckeedddd
Reply 6
I use those exact same pens, never had any problems when using them to do 10 exams in previous years :3 if anything, they are more clear as the colour is more pure black xD bloody hate using biros :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought exam boards only ever specify black ink / ballpoint pen as it is most likely to show up when it scanned. I think the idea is making it as easy as possible for the examiner to award you the marks. Saying that, if a biro would smudge everywhere when you write, they aren't going to be able to read your paper that easily, so I'd say write with whatever you're the most comfortable with - providing its not a neon pink gel pen I'm pretty sure its fine :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Abeh
I use those exact same pens, never had any problems when using them to do 10 exams in previous years :3 if anything, they are more clear as the colour is more pure black xD bloody hate using biros :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hate them to death, i made my revision notes in them and will dread reading them back in these horrible hand writing
Reply 9
Original post by ifyouseelaura
I thought exam boards only ever specify black ink / ballpoint pen as it is most likely to show up when it scanned. I think the idea is making it as easy as possible for the examiner to award you the marks. Saying that, if a biro would smudge everywhere when you write, they aren't going to be able to read your paper that easily, so I'd say write with whatever you're the most comfortable with - providing its not a neon pink gel pen I'm pretty sure its fine :wink:

hahahha neon gel pink xD i actually have that pen :P
So do I... but sadly I'm having to neglect it at the bottom of my pencil case until the end of exams season... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest