The Student Room Group

GCSE 21st Century Chemistry C1 C2 C3

Scroll to see replies

Hoping the six markers for the edexcel specification are on either the rock cycle, the atmosphere or combustion... they usually tend to throw in something about advantages and disadvantages of fuel alternatives but I have no clue. Last years were on metal reactivity and extraction and electrolysis.
So glad all this ****e is over :biggrin:
Original post by @_sxrxhf
I'm Probably more unprepared , i spent all my time for biology :mad:

I did the same. Spent way too long on Biology, and not long enough on the others!
Literally despise chemistry! If it was a person i would kill it!!!
I just thought of a potential 6 marker, I actually feel quite proud -

There would be a table and it would say - there are two ways to produce chlorine - oxidation and electrolysis - and then compare like the sustainability and then need for chlorine...
Or there might be a 3 marker - what are the two ways you can produce chlorine?

AND then things like - What is the equation for the oxidation of hydrogen chloride - what does this make? What are the uses of its products? What are the negative impacts of chlorine? What is an alkali? How were alkali originally made? How were they made following the industrial revolution?

Just thinking about what they could ask that hasn't come up in recent papers :smile:
Does anyone know what the 6 marker questions for the 2014 paper were?
kxylah hasn't got round to sending me the paper yet
I hope a six marker on magnetic clues comes up ; also comparing properties of materials ; and flue gas/ catalytic coverter six marker.
Reply 127
Original post by Vanilla Poison
Does anyone know what the 6 marker questions for the 2014 paper were?
kxylah hasn't got round to sending me the paper yet

sent it now :smile: sorry for delay x
Original post by kxylah

Could u send it to me, I believe I've sent out my email
i think fraction distillation if its in c1 to 3....
polymers can be one....
Original post by kxylah

The email I gave you is kind of not working o.O
I'll PM you a working one! I'm so sorry for all the hassle :colondollar:
Original post by Digimon304
Does anyone have the Chem 2014 papers? OCR haven't released 2014 papers yet :frown:

i do..... i did my yr 11 mocks on them got an A surprisingly
i think i attached it 2014 chemistry past paper.... i am new in here so dont know about the functions here!!!!
i tried to attach it but it seems like its not attaching... dont know whats happeining
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fatima1998
i do..... i did my yr 11 mocks on them got an A surprisingly
i think i attached it 2014 chemistry past paper.... i am new in here so dont know about the functions here!!!!
i tried to attach it but it seems like its not attaching... dont know whats happeining

Nope, I don't think it's possible to attach files here. If it's a PDF it'll be easier to email them to people?
a paper similar to the january 2012 one would be good to say the least.
I'm dreading tomorrow but I've revised 3 hours of it tonight (1 hour on each module) and I'm going in at 7.30am tomorrow for extra morning revision :smile:
Original post by abbeyjayne
I'm dreading tomorrow but I've revised 3 hours of it tonight (1 hour on each module) and I'm going in at 7.30am tomorrow for extra morning revision :smile:

I'm pretty stressed out atm, the type of questions that come up in the exam really throw me off :frown:
I need to get my exam technique sorted, because right now I know I'm gonna end up waffling my way through any 6 mark questions :biggrin:
Aha, I wish my school would do morning revision. Would make me feel a lot better about the exam :smile:
Do you think pvc will come up as a 6 marker

Good luck fam, hope we all get easy exams :/
Original post by Vanilla Poison
I'm pretty stressed out atm, the type of questions that come up in the exam really throw me off :frown:
I need to get my exam technique sorted, because right now I know I'm gonna end up waffling my way through any 6 mark questions :biggrin:

Haha I tend to waffle someimes too in 6MQs so you're not alone :-)

Original post by Floodeagle
Aha, I wish my school would do morning revision. Would make me feel a lot better about the exam :smile:

Really? Your school don't do it? :eek: it was so beneficial to me for the ICT exam I sat this morning :-D

Original post by fmalik99
Good luck fam, hope we all get easy exams :/

Haha thank you! You too! I hope so too bc my chem isn't v good :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending