The Student Room Group

chemistry unit 2 aqa thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Terrydaktal
i cant wait until the english papers :tongue:, gonna try for 3 caps

I'm most excited about English Literatures papers, as weird as that sounds - looking forward ti an exam. But, I'm dreading tomorrow's Chemistry exam! :s-smilie::frown:
Does anyone want help? i find that explaining things makes for good revision.
Reply 62

Electrolysis?
Reply 63
Where can i find these papers. The aqa site only has paper from 3 years ago?
Original post by AriAmaY
I'm most excited about English Literatures papers, as weird as that sounds - looking forward ti an exam. But, I'm dreading tomorrow's Chemistry exam! :s-smilie::frown:

I like english literature because i can make perceptive points such as the use of asyndetic listing and authorial intent, links to context and totalitarianism in animal farm and the use of propaganda such as plain folks lol. or the use of caesura and enjambment in romeo and juliet, or the sonnet and how it lexically encapsulates the moment of their first meet with perfect match between literary content and formal style
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by YesThen
Where can i find these papers. The aqa site only has paper from 3 years ago?

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/chemistry-4402/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

:smile:

what is the most likely topics to appear, i have covered almost everything even Buckminster Fullerer?
Reply 67
I hope there's a big question on the PH scale
Original post by ellekelley
what is the most likely topics to appear, i have covered almost everything even Buckminster Fullerer?

Buckminsterfullerene???

Original post by hrmpurser
Buckminsterfullerene???

:biggrin::smile::redface:
Original post by hrmpurser
Buckminsterfullerene???

its is in topic Fullerenes it includes the Nanotube and Buckminster Fullerer its different structures which both have a hexagon shape and they are both a form of carbon.
Buckminster can be used for lubricants, drug delivery to the body and it can keep the drug enclosed. ( C60)
But the nanotube is the one which would show up more likely than the other and that has the same properties as graphite and it is 50 times stronger than steel and its main use if for replacement materials, also tennis rackets.
Original post by ellekelley
its is in topic Fullerenes it includes the Nanotube and Buckminster Fullerer its different structures which both have a hexagon shape and they are both a form of carbon.
Buckminster can be used for lubricants, drug delivery to the body and it can keep the drug enclosed. ( C60)
But the nanotube is the one which would show up more likely than the other and that has the same properties as graphite and it is 50 times stronger than steel and its main use if for replacement materials, also tennis rackets.

do you go to a grammar school then :3
can someone post a few sample questions?? not necessarily 6 markers, just anything you think might come up on the exam cause i don't know ANYTHING about science and biology was so hard so i need to do well in chem and physics if i have any chance of passing !!!
making salts?

yeah !! could you explain electrolysis and also everything else? hahaha I know nothing
Original post by alex_j23
can someone post a few sample questions?? not necessarily 6 markers, just anything you think might come up on the exam cause i don't know ANYTHING about science and biology was so hard so i need to do well in chem and physics if i have any chance of passing !!!

Why is gold still used as a catalyst in most industrial processes (3 marks)
What happens to Al3+to become Al?
Original post by sedil
1.) Heat the sulfuric acid in a beaker and add the copper oxide with stirring
2.) Because heating and stirring speed up the reaction
3.) Until the copper oxide is in excess
4.) Which means that the reaction has gone to completion
5.) Filter the mixture or pour the mixture through a funnel and filter paper or leave the mixture to stand and decant / pour off the excess liquid
6.) To remove the excess / unreacted copper oxide put the solution in an evaporating basin. heat it gently so that (some of) the water evaporates
7.) When a saturated solution is formed or when crystals start to form, stop heating
8.) Leave the solution to cool so that crystallisation can occur.
thanks!
yeah !! could you explain electrolysis and also everything else? hahaha I know nothing

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3323377&p=55755533#post55755533
Why is gold still used as a catalyst in most industrial processes (3 marks)
What happens to Al3+to become Al?

omg i don't know !! im going to fail so bad
omg i don't know !! im going to fail so bad

does it gain 3 electrons?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending