The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - C1 - 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AndrewC19
Doubt you'll lose a mark, most mark schemes of the past papers for similar questions say accept root 125 or better, i.e. 5root5

Cool thanks man.
No worries. How did you find the paper?
I'm currently fighting an internal battle of wondering whether to look at the unofficial mark scheme or to remain in my blissful state of ignorance... I want to look but then I'll kick myself if I've made mistakes...

Spoiler

What do people think will be full UMS?
Accidentally put a - in front of the 2 on 8ii :/ how many of the marks will I lose for that?
seemed to have got 72 based on the mark scheme :smile:
Reply 546
Where's is the unofficial mark scheme please
Reply 547
Wow, I worked out the perpendicular line instead of the parallel line for question 2 for some reason -____- That's 5 marks gone...
Reply 548
Original post by StrangeBanana
check the unofficial mark scheme, if you don't get the answers you are wrong m8

Where can I find this please?
Harder than usual, when I did a mock exam on June 2014 it was way easier than the paper today!
Original post by Slenderman
For question 12, part iii. Is k=5 , 100% correct. I got that bit but I didn't get part i (I used the discriminant but I forgot that the minus k attached onto the 3....)

Part i) the answer was k>14/3
Original post by PaulShrimpton69
They're altering it for this year, just remember to take it with you as you're not allowed to go and get one afterwards and for the C2 standard questions you'll need it

Turns out we didn't need a calculator, nor did any c2 come up.
Guys for the proof question for the ABCD one. I said something like it is false because other quadrilaterals like rectangles can have 90 degrees. Is this enough, or is it too vague / wrong?

And for the other one I said that you can have a fraction being squared or something.. I don't know. I forgot what an integer was XD. At the time I either thought it was a whole number or a positive whole number. Anyways I said something on the lines of about a fraction..

Can someone post the full description of that? Like what you needed to say.
Original post by FM2196
6 marks. It involved working our the grad and midpt that's why

Posted from TSR Mobile

I worked out the midpoint but did not get that..B (21,0) E(0,7) the midpoint was some fraction. But i defo did not get y=3x-28 :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuliusSeizure
I worked out the midpoint but did not get that..B (21,0) E(0,7) the midpoint was some fraction. But i defo did not get y=3x-28 :s-smilie::s-smilie:Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you get the mid point (10.5,3.5)

y-y1=m(x-x1)
y-3.5=3(x-10.5)
y-3.5=3x-31.5
y=3x-28

The gradient is 3 because you worked it to be -1/3 so you just flip it around because it asks about the bisector.
Original post by TurkeyKnobblers
Messages Image(366476322).png

Wow, cheers for saving that, that was a close one!
Original post by SamL123
Where's is the unofficial mark scheme please

Look at the quote in the post above.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Slenderman
Guys for the proof question for the ABCD one. I said something like it is false because other quadrilaterals like rectangles can have 90 degrees. Is this enough, or is it too vague / wrong?

And for the other one I said that you can have a fraction being squared or something.. I don't know. I forgot what an integer was XD. At the time I either thought it was a whole number or a positive whole number. Anyways I said something on the lines of about a fraction..

Can someone post the full description of that? Like what you needed to say.

Rectangles' diagonals don't intersect at 90°, a good example would be a rhombus or kite. And for the second, giving an example such as = 2 would prove that x is not always an integer when is.
Reply 558
For question 12ii I did error with sign so got the min value as -2,3 instead of -2,1 would they give me error carried forward for the next part or would I lose the two marks
Damn lost 2 marks on 9 part 2. So annoyed..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending