How did everyone find the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by asunny1998

horrible what was that cylinder question :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Also how did you work out the cylinder question?
Reply 3
I thought the last question was fine.
Hated the cylinder question
Reply 4
It was so much more difficult than anything else's before
Reply 5
Can anyone remember what answers they got for questions?
Reply 6

Quite hard hoping the grade boundaries are low
Reply 7
Can anyone remember what answers they got for questions?

Got 31 something for the area of the shaded graph thingy.
Reply 8
It was pretty hard! Hoping the grade boundaries are low.
Reply 9
Not gonna lie, did not even know there was a cylinder question:colondollar:
Cylinder question I messed up the first 5 marks. But the second part of it was okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Never mind wrong exam board :smile:
I tried the simultaneous equation so many times i got y=300 or sumthing it was the hardest paper i ever sat

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 108/5 or something similar not 31.

I ended up rushing the cylinder question in about 5 mins at the end, but somehow I got to the given answer. I worked out an equation for the surface area (Which i think was given as 49π?):

49π= πr^2 + h(2πr) where h is the height of the cylinder and 2πr if the circumference.

I then worked that through to make h the subject. For part b I worked out the volume to be V=2πr^2 x h and substituted in the equation for h from part a.

Hope that makes sense, I found the paper to be harder than most of the past papers I did so I think grade boundaries might be higher than usual.*

Hope everyone gets the grade they wanted!

EDIT: *Second to last sentence should say "I think grade boundaries will be lower than usual".
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by SaadMuhammad
I got 108/5 or something similar not 31.

I think I got something similar to you
Reply 16
I want someone to post an unofficial mark scheme 😝
Reply 17
Original post by ImLiterally12
I ended up rushing the cylinder question in about 5 mins at the end, but somehow I got to the given answer. I worked out an equation for the surface area (Which i think was given as 49π?):

49π= πr^2 + h(2πr) where h is the height of the cylinder and 2πr if the circumference.

I then worked that through to make h the subject. For part b I worked out the volume to be V=2πr^2 x h and substituted in the equation for h from part a.

Hope that makes sense, I found the paper to be harder than most of the past papers I did so I think grade boundaries might be higher than usual.

Hope everyone gets the grade they wanted!

Left that question out 😝
it was open top so the surface are was just pi r^2 + 2rh pi = 48 then you rearrange to get h=(48- pir^2) / 2r
then you workout the volume equation which was v=pihr^2 then sub what you got for h into the equation and simplify
Reply 19
Hopefully someone posts an unofficial marks heme soon before I forget what my answers were x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending