The Student Room Group

AQA History AS exam 13th May (HIS1C)

Anyone taking this exam have any predictions for the questions? or any tips for last minute revision?

Im hoping for both Lutheran Reformation and Genevan Reformation 24 markers:smile:
Original post by jevans12345
Anyone taking this exam have any predictions for the questions? or any tips for last minute revision?

Im hoping for both Lutheran Reformation and Genevan Reformation 24 markers:smile:

Me too!! BUT it feels like it's going to be jesuits and anabaptists!
feel like the success of the genevan reformation or the catholic will come up because it hasn't in years
Original post by lolahobbs97
feel like the success of the genevan reformation or the catholic will come up because it hasn't in years

I'm worried :frown:

Just to make clear, it is in the afternoon right? Because I get paranoid :tongue: better safe than sorry
Reply 4
Hi! I'm doing the exam as well tomorrow,

I'm a bit worried from what you all have wrote! do you really think anabaptists will come up as a 24 mark and not luther? i'm fine with it as a 12 mark

what are your predictions? there are three questions so there HAS to be either calvin or luther in one of the questions! what else could it be? and the third one will be jesuits and/or catholic reformation.

what are you predictions for the 24 markers? do you think Luther and Calvin will come up? if so , which area? in Luther its usually a given time period and a why factor, which time period do you think? last year it was 1525-1546. and for calvin its either a why factor to his success or how successful he was, which one do you think it will be?

Calvin questions usually have a 12 marker that is form unit 3 ,which is anabaptists, or there was one paper where it was from the same unit. and for Luther questions both 12 and 24 markers are usually from the same unit.

But I hope there is a luther questions or I'm screwed!:cry2: there was one paper in 2011 which had two unit 3 (anabaptist) questions... do you think it is likely to be that way this year since it hasn't come up in a while!?!? ugh i really hope not!!!

Please reply asap!
it's only come up once before as a 24, just praying it won't again
calvin and catholic church come up every year so they're pretty much a guarantee, im hoping for them over luther tbh
usually it's factors affecting the success of reformation for all
How did the exam go for everyone?
Complied a list of roughly how the questions were worded:

01 -Why was Luther excommunicated
02 -What did the German princes do to help the Lutheran reformation from 1521-1531 (Or something along those lines)
03 -How did the Reformation Popes from 1500-1521 undermine the Catholic Chruch.
04 - How far did the Cathlic Church provoke a reform in the years 1534 - 1564 (can't remember exact wording)
05 - Why were the anabaptists suppressed at Munster in 1535
06 - Explain how the Consistory helped result in the success of the Genevan Reformation 1541-1564

Let me know if I've got any of the questions drastically wrong.

There were some good questions on the exam paper, not sure how I actually did as a whole though
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
It was 1521-1531 for q2.
No dates on q3 but assumed from the question to only look at early popes

I don't know why so many people did 3 and 4, the essay is actually disgusting

I ran out of time on my q6 essay but all the other questions I think I answered well
Original post by laeffy
It was 1521-1531 for q2.
No dates on q3 but assumed from the question to only look at early popes

I don't know why so many people did 3 and 4, the essay is actually disgusting

I ran out of time on my q6 essay but all the other questions I think I answered well

Alright thanks, are you sure there were no dates on question three? When I answered it I was convinced that those were the dates you had to stick to

Question four was very broad and there was a lot to discuss, even though the wording of the question was rather poor

I also struggled to finish question 6, I took my eye off the clock for too long and ended up having to write an entire page in the last 5 minutes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending