The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
chill guys you can survive on £14 a week if you have instant noodles every single meal of the week #nosweat

thats good because thats the exact amount of money I have left from my loan per week when my rent is taken
Got my student finance award letter -£7.5k banter!

Perks of mother doing a funded PhD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Got my student finance award letter -£7.5k banter!

Perks of mother doing a funded PhD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats more than 1.5x what I have, you can send me food packages and I'll do your homework deal ???????
does anybody know how to COMPLETELY cancel your email notifications for TSR? I've unticked everything in the "edit my email settings" and unticked all email related boxes in "edit my account settings"
any ideas? they are starting to do my head in >:-(
Original post by rachelc142
thats more than 1.5x what I have, you can send me food packages and I'll do your homework deal ???????

Hahaha, deal! What are the arrangements - monthly or termly?
Hey. I know the deadline for student finance is the 31st May to get the money in time to start uni but is this the deadline to complete all the stages of the application including the parents part of supporting the application or is it just submitting the application without the parental support stage?

I'm worried I'm running out of time as I've only submitted the first part of the application and I have yet to get my parents to input their details to support my application. Also I'm yet to send the identification details by post.

It would be grateful if anyone who knew could confirm what has to be done before the deadline. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Hahaha, deal! What are the arrangements - monthly or termly?

monthly please at this rate I will be living off pints and cigarettes aka giving myself a very poorly body :-( :-(
does anybody know how to COMPLETELY cancel your email notifications for TSR? I've unticked everything in the "edit my email settings" and unticked all email related boxes in "edit my account settings"

mark every email they send as spam and eventually theyll just get filtered out!

If you go onto your watched threads list (think it's 'manage watched threads' or something) and select all then go down to the bottom and click something like 'email notification- no notification' that should change all the threads you've already watched. When you watch new ones then you can change it manually on the are you sure you want to watch this thread page. It sounds like you've already changed the default and I can't remember how to do that without looking anyway and I'm not on my laptop :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so pissed off today. The biggest ISP in Spain has just finished installing 300mb fibre optic in every single street surrounding my house but mine. The cabling for fibre optic is literally 10 metres from my house (or maybe less), yet they don't plan to bring it to my house any time soon. I'm stuck with 4G internet (which is alright but I've a download limit which is very annoying. Although I can surf the internet all I want, it's file downloading which is capped to like 7 GB per month). I want 300mb :frown:
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I'm so pissed off today. The biggest ISP in Spain has just finished installing 300mb fibre optic in every single street surrounding my house but mine. The cabling for fibre optic is literally 10 metres from my house (or maybe less), yet they don't plan to bring it to my house any time soon. I'm stuck with 4G internet (which is alright but I've a download limit which is very annoying. Although I can surf the internet all I want, it's file downloading which is capped to like 7 GB per month). I want 300mb :frown:

#1stworldproblems :biggrin:
Original post by cerlohee
#1stworldproblems :biggrin:

My friend's area had a power cut and she was complaining she couldn't drive out of her house because the electric gate wasn't working :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is probably going to sound really dumb but what happens when you square ln(x) ?

Edit: doesn't matter I've done it now sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi
I'm currently in year 12 but repeated a year so I should be in this year.
I was just wondering about universities. I'm either going to do Film Production or Psychology and was wondering if anyone can recommend a university for either one that they have been to see? So far I have looked at Aberystwyth and Bangor.
My A-levels are Film Studies, Sociology and Psychology and I'm predicted BBB-BBA
Any help would be appreciated, thank you! x
General Life update:
2 Exams down! 5 to go! Spanish Speaking went okay, the examiner didn't ask me about historical context which is a key part of my film, but hey ho, I managed. English lit resit was a ton of fun as the questions this year were literally AMAZING, it was literally as if they'd wondered what questions I'd like then magically made them appear on the paper. Fun times.
How are you all doing?
1 exam left, it's on Thursday lolololololol
Only a paltry 13 exams to go :redface:
Reply 9417
Original post by Bude8

:woo: What subjects do you do? You're going to be finished very early so have a super long summer. :ahee: Anything planned?
Original post by Bude8

Mine don't even start for two and a half weeks:sigh:.
Original post by 8472
:woo: What subjects do you do? You're going to be finished very early so have a super long summer. :ahee: Anything planned?

HL Maths
HL Chem
HL Phys
SL Latin
SL English
SL Economics

My final exam is a calculus paper :smile: Nothing too exciting really, just chilling before uni :cool:

Latest