The Student Room Group

CCEA - A2 History Unit 1 Option 5 - Clash of Ideologies Question Help?

If anyone doing the clash of ideologies exam tomorrow could help me understand how to structure the answers for it I would appreciate it!

If you can show me a model answer or something of the like that'd be really helpful.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ZZYYZZ
If anyone doing the clash of ideologies exam tomorrow could help me understand how to structure the answers for it I would appreciate it!

If you can show me a model answer or something of the like that'd be really helpful.

Normally I just go through the leaders stating their actions and refer back to the question every so often. :smile:

What do you think the question will be?
Original post by Zango11
Normally I just go through the leaders stating their actions and refer back to the question every so often. :smile:

What do you think the question will be?

Economy
Reply 3
Well how did everyone find it? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Zango11
Well how did everyone find it? :smile:

Quite annoyed actually, it was too easy. The grade boundaries are going to be horrific, basically looking at close to full marks for an A.
Reply 5
Original post by 2015ld
Quite annoyed actually, it was too easy. The grade boundaries are going to be horrific, basically looking at close to full marks for an A.

That's what I'm worried about as well! They're probably expecting all the main events to be well developed with a lot of detail and a huge range of historian views etc :s-smilie:

Are you doing Ireland for the next paper?
How was it too easy? The question was essentially the same as every motivations question ever.
Reply 7
Original post by Zango11
That's what I'm worried about as well! They're probably expecting all the main events to be well developed with a lot of detail and a huge range of historian views etc :s-smilie:

Are you doing Ireland for the next paper?

I know like hard to know tbf but sure be grand!

Yeah are you?
Reply 8
Original post by Finaltime18645
How was it too easy? The question was essentially the same as every motivations question ever.

That's exactly the problem, everyone prepares for exactly that essay to come up. If it had have been the aims and methods question for example it would have thrown all the weaker candidates off immediately. Even asking about the economy would have been enough to throw some people.
Reply 9
i think it went quite well, didn't have too much detail on specific events though, just touched on them. Had lots of historian interpretations however
Original post by 2015ld
I know like hard to know tbf but sure be grand!

Yeah are you?

Yes! What topics do you think will come up?
Reply 11
Original post by Zango11
Yes! What topics do you think will come up?

I think an essay is definitely going to be Rise of Sinn Féin, seeing as they have exhausted all the possibilities for Sources on Theme 2 over the past few exams. The last two years have both been Sources on Theme 2, and as The Easter Rising was asked last year they are more likely to ask about Sinn Féin this year

The Sources I think will be from Theme 3, maybe the Government of Ireland Act or the Treaty, but it really could be anything. CCEA know that Theme 3 is the least popular among candidates (just look at the examiner reports), so I think to make sure that its not neglected again this year they'll put it as the sources.

That leaves Theme 1 as an essay, which is always and forever will be a Home Rule Essay. I personally don't like that Theme because i missed a lot of class when it was being taught haha but it always comes up every year so it would be definitely worth having a look at.

That's what I think anyway, how about you?
Yea i agree rise of sinn fein hasnt came up since 2009 as an essay question,but then again the establishment of northern ireland hasn't since 2010! With Home Rule its came up as an essay the past 3 years so i doubt it will be an essay again and it hasnt came up as a source since 2011 so my guess is home rule as a source and sinn fein/northern ireland as an essay??
I agree I think Sinn Fein will be an essay this year or a Northern Ireland qu :smile: As for sources I think it will be either Anglo Irish treaty or Gov of Ireland act. Home Rule will also come up as something as they seem to love asking questions on that topic, which I personally like the least :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Reasons for oppostition to Home Rule is my guess, haven't asked it in a while and we went to a lecture with Russell Rees a few months ago, who said he thought it was likely to come up as well. I don't know if he's privy to any of the exams or anything but still worth a look. Although if I can avoid doing it I will, Home Rule is not my strongest or favourite part of the course haha
I think the sources are likely to be the gov of ireland act or civil war. I would be shocked if source work wasn't the 3rd theme
Reply 16
hey, i'm doing this exam but what about Northern Ireland, it has never been asked as a source before ever !! i think the essays could be Home Rule ,N. Ireland and rise of SF/Fall IPP.
Its a horrible paper to predict
Reply 17
Original post by Megs97
hey, i'm doing this exam but what about Northern Ireland, it has never been asked as a source before ever !! i think the essays could be Home Rule ,N. Ireland and rise of SF/Fall IPP.
Its a horrible paper to predict

Northern Ireland was asked as sources on the very last last spec paper, and it was also an essay in 2010, but at the same time most of Theme 3 has never been asked as sources or even as an essay. Im looking at all of it like haha
Reply 18
Original post by 2015ld
Northern Ireland was asked as sources on the very last last spec paper, and it was also an essay in 2010, but at the same time most of Theme 3 has never been asked as sources or even as an essay. Im looking at all of it like haha

Awe okey dokey, have you much left to revise 😰
Reply 19
Original post by Megs97
Awe okey dokey, have you much left to revise 😰

yes and I've physics tomorrow so It'll be a push to get it all in hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending