The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bittr n swt
my internal biological clock is ****ed and i keep waking up at 05:45(literally on the dot a few times) and i don't know how to reset it to 7am at least...

lmao.

exactly the same. 5:45 on the dot.

could be something to do with the sun's positioning idk.
Original post by jam277
I prefer that over a 9am body clock.

Exams finished now, will sleep for 10 hours every day. Perks of being a student.
I actually really like that the body can wake you up at a certain time every day, and for me, it could be weeks on end that it'll be within a 2 minute span. No homo but pretty fascinating
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
I actually really like that the body can wake you up at a certain time every day, and for me, it could be weeks on end that it'll be within a 2 minute span. No homo but pretty fascinating

Ncl
I can sleep for 12+ hours when I've been up since 4:30am
Original post by TornadoGR4
I can sleep for 12+ hours when I've been up since 4:30am

Minor. I can do 16 on the regs:cool:
Original post by swirly
lmao.

exactly the same. 5:45 on the dot.

could be something to do with the sun's positioning idk.

lol pisstake tbh. then i have to set an alarm straight after to make sure i don't oversleep
Reply 3667
Lol sometimes your body clocks really does **** with you. Last summer when I was revising for my UKCAT, I would make sure I get up at 7.. This one day, I woke up at 4.30 and just couldn't go back to sleep. So I get up, have breakfast and a cup of espresso, come upstairs to revise and for some reason feel proper drowsy. So I get in to bed thinking I'll nap till 7 - and I end up getting up at 1 :lol:
I don't sleep for over 8 hours.
Apparently you can actually train yourself to only need a few hours of sleep each night.

Although it's probably **** for your body
Original post by Zander01
Apparently you can actually train yourself to only need a few hours of sleep each night.

Although it's probably **** for your body

I don't train myself that's just a circumstance for my body. I regularly have <5 hours of sleep a night. Sometimes I gone about 3 hours of sleep.
Original post by jam277
I don't train myself that's just a circumstance for my body. I regularly have <5 hours of sleep a night. Sometimes I gone about 3 hours of sleep.

I'm talking about literally 2 hours a day though, doing 20 minute naps throughout the day.

Sounds like you might have the genes of the "sleepless elite" like Maggie Thatcher. 1-3% of the population who function fine on less that 6 hours sleep a night.
Reply 3672
Original post by bittr n swt
my internal biological clock is ****ed and i keep waking up at 05:45(literally on the dot a few times) and i don't know how to reset it to 7am at least...

That's a blessing. I hate the fact that I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night, and not doing so results in me crashing late-afternoon.

Need to be up at around 6.30am for my job, as the commute takes about an hour, and I need to get there before 8am to get things ready for the day.

What's everyone elses commute time like?
Got pissed up last night, then woke up at 4.30 am really pissed off because in my dream I had made a cup of tea and woke up before I got to drink it. Don't know what I was drinking because I went downstairs and put four bloody sugars in my cuppa irl
Reply 3674
Yeah I'll have 8am starts at work so with an hours travelling time I would probably wake up for 6-6:30 every morning.
Reply 3675
Me and a mate have been having a debate on this for 2 days running so i decided to stick it to the forum, who is the better CDM type player Veratti (PSG) or Khedira(Real Madrid) and give reasons why cheers.
Original post by Sosa
Me and a mate have been having a debate on this for 2 days running so i decided to stick it to the forum, who is the better CDM type player Veratti (PSG) or Khedira(Real Madrid) and give reasons why cheers.

This is the misc, pls go and ask somewhere else

Spoiler

Verrati. One of my favourite footballers of the modern day, actually.
Reply 3678
Veratti. Reads situations really well & so his interceptions are pretty much on point. Very mature & disciplined defensively aswell.
Don't speak football here

Latest