The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Definition of equilibrium please?:smile:
Reply 341
Original post by stressthistest
anyone got any ideas what some of the c3 questions will be on?? Also, help on titration calculations??

I found this website helpful:
http://www.docbrown.info/page04/4_73calcs12vct.htm
How does a hydrogen ion change into a hydrogen atom? very confused aha helppp
equilibrium is when reactions happen at the same rate of each direction
If that makes sense?
Guys, if you're stuck with moles let me help :smile: It's simple I promise, I'll make it super basic
When you look at carbon, the RFM (atomic mass) is 12, so one mole of carbon is 12 grams
Hydrogen RFM is 1, so one mole of hydrogen is 1 gram
Chlorine is 24? (Thats just from memory I'm really sorry if it's wrong) so one mole of chlorine would be 24 grams :smile:

So 6 moles of hydrogen is 6 grams and 1 mole of chlorine is 24 grams, so CH6 is 30 grams! :biggrin:
Hope I helped it's all I know!
Good luck everybody! You'll do better than you think :smile:
Reply 346
I think there will be a 6 marker either on Crystallisation of the exothermic reaction of heating pads
or failing that, titration (they love recycling this one)
And there will almost definitely be a question on the Haber Process on the C3 paper so prepare for that
and electrolysis, acids & salts & bases too
I think the consolation comes where this years exams will be a little easier than previous years as, doing past papers, they seem to have gotten the short straw with the harder topics in the past couple!
The biology one I found was very easy but with that comes higher grade boundaries.
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! x
Reply 347
Original post by fmalik99

If atoms lose electrons they become positively charged ions (cations). If atoms gain electrons, they become negatively charged ions (anions). So it's basically the other way round: if an ion gains electrons it forms a positively charged atom and if an ion loses electrons it forms a negatively charged atom:smile:
Original post by gennabm
if atoms lose electrons they become positively charged ions (cations). If atoms gain electrons, they become negatively charged ions (anions). So it's basically the other way round: If an ion gains electrons it forms a positively charged atom and if an ion loses electrons it forms a negatively charged atom:smile:

thank you so much :d
Reply 349
thank you so much :d

no problem :biggrin: good luck tomorrow!
Original post by pravster
Just remember
MASH
BAWS
CAWCS

What do they stand for?!?
Reply 351
Original post by Katiemooney
I'm so nervous chemistry is my absolute worst subject, I worked for days straight on my isa and got an A* but I'm terrified I'm going to fail these exams, I literally know bonding help me ������������������������

Literally feeling exactly the same but at the end of the day you can do your best and nothing more! You'll be ok, if you don't do so well it's not the end of the world x
Good luck regardless:angelwings:
Reply 352
Oh I'm gonna flop the c2 and c3 exams
I know I'm gonna get a good C or low B if I do minimal(1-20%) revision
But I need a least a miniumum of a strong A!!!!!!!
The Pressure is building up more than a steaming shellfish on a stove!!!:colone:
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone wanna discuss making salts for tomorrow? :wink:

Gains an electron (:
Original post by pollyy
Definition of equilibrium please?:smile:

Chemical equilibrium is reached when the rate of the forward reaction equals the rate of the reverse reaction :smile:
Original post by Jules12345
What do they stand for?!?

MASH: Metal + Acid --> Salt + Hydrogen
CAWCS: Carbonate + Acid --> CO2 + H2O + SALT
BAWS: Base + Acid --> Water + Salt
Original post by stressthistest
omg this is brilliant i i think you may have just saved my life

What is cawcs?
Possible 6 mark questions in C2:
Soluble and insoluble salts,
Polymers,
Metallic bonding or
Experiment on rate of reaction/making salts/alectroplating
Making my predictions.

C2 6 marker might be Particle Theory
C3 6 marker could be Haber Process

C2 could have big questions on Electroplating, Polymers, Salts
C3 could have big questions on Alcohols, Carboxylic Acids and Esters, Mendeleev, Anion Testing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending