The Student Room Group

Self teaching A2 Maths next year? Good idea?

So with many resources on line which are very good, would you recommend A2 Maths being self taught? I predict i'll get an A (easily) at AS. Would you recommend this?
Original post by naxiv
So with many resources on line which are very good, would you recommend A2 Maths being self taught? I predict i'll get an A (easily) at AS. Would you recommend this?

Go for it!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Jai Sandhu
Go for it!!!!

Why
Original post by naxiv
Why

It is will be great fun, not to mention with all the resources out there as you said it will not be as hard as you think. If you ever need help I will be here. Plus A2 maths will put you in an amazing spot for uni and jobs.
Reply 4
Original post by Jai Sandhu
It is will be great fun, not to mention with all the resources out there as you said it will not be as hard as you think. If you ever need help I will be here. Plus A2 maths will put you in an amazing spot for uni and jobs.

what if stuff is so hard you cannot help him?
Depends on your third module honestly, with resources like examsolutions and arsey you should be fine with C3 and C4. Just don't do something stupid like M3 with zero resources (I may be guilty of this and my college gave up teaching it so)
Reply 6
Original post by supreme overlord
Depends on your third module honestly, with resources like examsolutions and arsey you should be fine with C3 and C4. Just don't do something stupid like M3 with zero resources (I may be guilty of this and my college gave up teaching it so)

im doing S1 or M2 next year for A2 Maths
Reply 7
C3, C4, S1. What do you think?:smile:
Original post by TeeEm
what if stuff is so hard you cannot help him?
Reply 8
Original post by naxiv
C3, C4, S1. What do you think?:smile:

sounds good
Reply 9
Original post by TeeEm
sounds good

Original post by naxiv
im doing S1 or M2 next year for A2 Maths

M2's a great module but there's not a lot of paper solutions (or there wasn't last year idk) x] S1 is the easy option if you're self teaching but M2 is more challenging and therefore interesting

Quick Reply

Latest