The Student Room Group

Cfe higher biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tinababy
Oh me too... My worst subject. I hate the critical essay the most and if it is going to go like biology and all the other subjects then there are going to be some killer questions. I'm hoping my folio was good enough so even if I do bad in the essay it will be ok overall. U?

It's mine too but I've been working really hard for it so hopefully it's ok.... I hate critical essays with a passion. But hopefully Friday is the last day we will ever have to write them!! Yeah me took hope close reading isn't too bad either so I can get a good mark in jf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweatpea_98
It's mine too but I've been working really hard for it so hopefully it's ok.... I hate critical essays with a passion. But hopefully Friday is the last day we will ever have to write them!! Yeah me took hope close reading isn't too bad either so I can get a good mark in jf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha we have a very similar taste in subjects! Yeah I've been working on close reading and essays a lot. Its going to be one of the happiest days of my life when I will no longer have to do English:tongue:
Hahaha we have a very similar taste in subjects! Yeah I've been working on close reading and essays a lot. Its going to be one of the happiest days of my life when I will no longer have to do English:tongue:

Me too haha only 2 more days and it will be over!! What other subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too haha only 2 more days and it will be over!! What other subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

English
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
French

U? :smile:
English
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
French

U? :smile:

The exact same!! :smile: are they all cfe higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exact same!! :smile: are they all cfe higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg no wayyy?!?!? U must be kidding!!! Yip all cfe!
What are u doing next year?
Omg no wayyy?!?!? U must be kidding!!! Yip all cfe!
What are u doing next year?

Nope I'm not! Haha we'll have to help each other with the other subjects! I, doing advanced chemistry and maths and higher Spanish :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope I'm not! Haha we'll have to help each other with the other subjects! I, doing advanced chemistry and maths and higher Spanish :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah we should! U see on the English thread after that exam? I'm also taking ah bio and h Spanish! And also ah chem and French...and leadership for banter :wink: I'm quite excited for Spanish heard its good :smile:
Hahah we should! U see on the English thread after that exam? I'm also taking ah bio and h Spanish! And also ah chem and French...and leadership for banter :wink: I'm quite excited for Spanish heard its good :smile:

So three advanced Highers?! So we are doing chemistry and Spanish the same next year that's funny haha! What are you talking about the english thread??

Posted from TSR Mobile
So three advanced Highers?! So we are doing chemistry and Spanish the same next year that's funny haha! What are you talking about the english thread??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yip...looks like its gonna be another fun year! :tongue:
U know how u created this thread for cfe bio to discuss the exam...well there's an exactly same thing for English. :smile:
Yip...looks like its gonna be another fun year! :tongue:
U know how u created this thread for cfe bio to discuss the exam...well there's an exactly same thing for English. :smile:

For cfe english? I'll have a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For cfe english? I'll have a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm not sure about cfe english but defo higher english in general.:smile:
What do you want to do after school?
Well I'm not sure about cfe english but defo higher english in general.:smile:
What do you want to do after school?

Oh yeah I've looked on that but I don't think anyone is doing my texts what poems are you doing? I'm really not sure I keep changing my mind but right now maybe biochemistry? Or medicinal sciences with biological chemistry or something like that...it's at edinburgh :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah I've looked on that but I don't think anyone is doing my texts what poems are you doing? I'm really not sure I keep changing my mind but right now maybe biochemistry? Or medicinal sciences with biological chemistry or something like that...it's at edinburgh :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing carol ann duffy poems, the shining (film) and A Dolls House (play) u?

Wb medicine?! Or dentistry?! Or even a vet? U sound like a pretty smart cookie :wink:
I wanna do medicine cos it has everything I want. Thought I wanted to go to Glasgow but now not sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am doing carol ann duffy poems, the shining (film) and A Dolls House (play) u?

Wb medicine?! Or dentistry?! Or even a vet? U sound like a pretty smart cookie :wink:
I wanna do medicine cos it has everything I want. Thought I wanted to go to Glasgow but now not sure.

I'm doing the same poems and death of. Salesman and I'm not scared
Well I was thinking about medicine and vet medicine but I don't have enough extra curricular activities or work experience and I applied for a medic insight week ( you might have heard of it) and I didn't get in :/ oh why not glasgow anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing the same poems and death of. Salesman and I'm not scared
Well I was thinking about medicine and vet medicine but I don't have enough extra curricular activities or work experience and I applied for a medic insight week ( you might have heard of it) and I didn't get in :/ oh why not glasgow anymore?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should! Both are great jobs! Extra curricular...start any sport during the summer and say you have been doing it for the last two years. Work ex... volunteer at a residential/care home..best to just pop in and ask if they need a hand and write tons of letters to hospitals for work ex. Also most hospitals need volunteers for like mealtime helpers so it's a good way to get in the wards.
I am not sure about vets tho...help at an animal farm?:tongue:
Do whatever you can because you have until October to make the perfect application and do the course which you feel most passionate about which is plenty time to squeeze some stuff in.

I thought at first I wanted edinburgh because it looked like an amazing city and a great course. Then I wanted to go to glasgow cos it's closer to home. But now I don't know cos I can't make up my mind whether I want to stay home and have more money cos I wld have my job plus the student loan or move away and struggle with money but have the full student experience. :s-smilie:

Why Edinburgh?
(edited 8 years ago)
You should! Both are great jobs! Extra curricular...start any sport during the summer and say you have been doing it for the last two years. Work ex... volunteer at a residential/care home..best to just pop in and ask if they need a hand and write tons of letters to hospitals for work ex. Also most hospitals need volunteers for like mealtime helpers so it's a good way to get in the wards.
I am not sure about vets tho...help at an animal farm?:tongue:
Do whatever you can because you have until October to make the perfect application and do the course which you feel most passionate about which is plenty time to squeeze some stuff in.

I thought at first I wanted edinburgh because it looked like an amazing city and a great course. Then I wanted to go to glasgow cos it's closer to home. But now I don't know cos I can't make up my mind whether I want to stay home and have more money cos I wld have my job plus the student loan or move away and struggle with money but have the full student experience. :s-smilie:

Thank you for the advice :smile: but I'm not sure it's really for me and I once read that you should go for it unless you are totally sure about it.... I am also quite a shy/quiet person so I feel an academic not vocational subject would be better! I would go for edinburgh but it is up to you :smile: just think where you would rather live for 5 or more years... As you will be able to get a job in both places :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the advice :smile: but I'm not sure it's really for me and I once read that you should go for it unless you are totally sure about it.... I am also quite a shy/quiet person so I feel an academic not vocational subject would be better! I would go for edinburgh but it is up to you :smile: just think where you would rather live for 5 or more years... As you will be able to get a job in both places :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see :smile: So more biochem stuff then :wink: Well I am defo gonna put one of my applications to a science course. Why edinburgh? Oh are you going to go to the open days in June for glasgow or edinburgh?
Ahh I see :smile: So more biochem stuff then :wink: Well I am defo gonna put one of my applications to a science course. Why edinburgh? Oh are you going to go to the open days in June for glasgow or edinburgh?

You can always apply for both and make your mind up later :smile: I really like the city of Edinburgh and I used to live in Glasgow and don't think I would enjoy it as much.... Also to me Edinburgh uni seems better :smile: but of course I will look at both and apply for both. I don't think I'm going in June I haven't really looked at open days and I'm probably going in September instead :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can always apply for both and make your mind up later :smile: I really like the city of Edinburgh and I used to live in Glasgow and don't think I would enjoy it as much.... Also to me Edinburgh uni seems better :smile: but of course I will look at both and apply for both. I don't think I'm going in June I haven't really looked at open days and I'm probably going in September instead :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I probably will. Well it also depends where I get offer as well :tongue: But Edinburgh does have a better reputation I guess. I am just not sure I am ready to leave my family if I am really honest :colondollar: I think I would get really homesick cos we're very close.

I think I'll have to go to Edinburgh in September as well cos I have no one to take me or go with me on the 19th on June but I might just take the train into Glasgow with one of my friends to see Glasgow.:smile:

what other unis are you thinking about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending