The Student Room Group

wjec c1 maths 13th may

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr rump
FairPlay to you, I heard if someone in Wales gets 100% that grade boundaries don't shift for 100 UMS?

:O I didn't know that! Is that actually true or just a rumour?!
I don't know whether to feel good or bad about that...
Original post by PrimeLime
:O I didn't know that! Is that actually true or just a rumour?!
I don't know whether to feel good or bad about that...

Hopefully it's not true haha, if you got 100% though I can't really argue 😂
Original post by Mr rump
Hopefully it's not true haha, if you got 100% though I can't really argue 😂

C2 and S1 will literally be death sentences for the country after that C1 paper though.
C2 and S1 will literally be death sentences for the country after that C1 paper though.

I've got c3 and 4 to do aswell 😂, do you think the other exams will follow suit and be just as difficult?
Original post by Mr rump
FairPlay to you, I heard if someone in Wales gets 100% that grade boundaries don't shift for 100 UMS?

That's nonsense, such a system would be absurd.

Original post by Mr rump
I've got c3 and 4 to do aswell 😂, do you think the other exams will follow suit and be just as difficult?

Yes, WJEC were recently told to make everything more difficult. Every exam for every topic will be harder.
Original post by WhisperingTide
That's nonsense, such a system would be absurd.

Yes, WJEC were recently told to make everything more difficult. Every exam for every topic will be harder.

Why were they told this? How is this fair because we are competing for university spaces with other people who are doing easier exams. Everyone in UK should do the same exam board in my opinion, it's ridiculous!
Original post by Mr rump
Why were they told this? How is this fair because we are competing for university spaces with other people who are doing easier exams. Everyone in UK should do the same exam board in my opinion, it's ridiculous!

I think WJEC was actually easier than other Exam boards, so it was to make it fair.
Of course, that means we have no accurate past papers to do, but that will in-turn lower the grade boundaries, so, I would assume it all works out.
I think WJEC was actually easier than other Exam boards, so it was to make it fair.
Of course, that means we have no accurate past papers to do, but that will in-turn lower the grade boundaries, so, I would assume it all works out.

Let's hope so
So, I put _/2_/11 instead of _/22.
I missed out working out L (Got x = 40 and proved it, though.)
Didn't use the negative root for 4.) b.).
Didn't get A right for the binomial.
Used the wrong sides of the Tan question.

I'd say that's about, 9-ish marks lost.
(In that order.)

Hopefully, that's still an A. 64/75.
So, I put _/2_/11 instead of _/22.
I missed out working out L (Got x = 40 and proved it, though.)
Didn't use the negative root for 4.) b.).
Didn't get A right for the binomial.
Used the wrong sides of the Tan question.

I'd say that's about, 9-ish marks lost.
(In that order.)

Hopefully, that's still an A. 64/75.

75-9 = 66 haha, hopefully your subtraction wasn't too bad in the exam 😂
Original post by Mr rump
75-9 = 66 haha, hopefully your subtraction wasn't too bad in the exam 😂

My god.
It's been a long, long day.

My thought process there was: 9-5 = 4. Therefor, 64.
Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ.

On the bright side, I just finished a C2, C3 and and FP1 paper and got A's...hypothetically.

Yeah, screw this, I'm going to bed.
My god.
It's been a long, long day.

My thought process there was: 9-5 = 4. Therefor, 64.
Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ.

On the bright side, I just finished a C2, C3 and and FP1 paper and got A's...hypothetically.

Yeah, screw this, I'm going to bed.

Haha good luck in your other exams
Got all the marks :biggrin:

congrats! but thanks for increasing the grade boundaries :angry:. Jk :biggrin:
Original post by Ayaz123
Is 65/75 good?

I have to say that I don't like questions like this. It really depends on so many things. Sure, other people want to be nice and so if you ask whether a mark is good they'll always say yes, but in reality you'll know when your marks are good or not. If you now tell me your trying to get into a top 3 uni for a maths degree I'd say probably not, but anything else is probably a yes, to answer your question long-windedly.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have to say that I don't like questions like this. It really depends on so many things. Sure, other people want to be nice and so if you ask whether a mark is good they'll always say yes, but in reality you'll know when your marks are good or not. If you now tell me your trying to get into a top 3 uni for a maths degree I'd say probably not, but anything else is probably a yes, to answer your question long-windedly.

On average is 65/75 good?
Original post by Ayaz123
On average is 65/75 good?

Good for what? For what degree? For which university? What were you aiming for? What was you potential? So , even "on average" I can't answer that question. But I can tell you that your mark will be significantly above the country's average.
If you still want the mark scheme for this exam, I suggest you ask the @mathemateg twitter account, he/she should be able to give it to you
Original post by wellwhatcanisay
If you still want the mark scheme for this exam, I suggest you ask the @mathemateg twitter account, he/she should be able to give it to you

https://twitter.com/mathemateg
On the writing booklet it says to rule a line after each question, I forgot to do this? Will this matter?
Original post by Mr rump
On the writing booklet it says to rule a line after each question, I forgot to do this? Will this matter?

i didnt do this this either so i hope not :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending