The Student Room Group

AQA maths core 1, 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
guys its over 12 hours after our exam, chill.
does anyone remember how many marks the cylinder question was? I mean the whole of question 6?
Reply 802
Original post by Soman Nadim iqba
does anyone remember how many marks the cylinder question was? I mean the whole of question 6?

the first 2 parts of the question was 3 each so 6
the one about finding dy/dx was 2 i think and then the one about finding r and whether its max or min was 4 marks
screwed on this one then. Thanks alot though :smile:
I left inequalities as k>-4/9 and k<4 do you think I would lose marks for doing so?
Original post by ryanwigga g
I left inequalities as k>-4/9 and k<4 do you think I would lose marks for doing so?

They are the same thing I doubt you would lose any
And see this

Posted from TSR Mobile
2. X-4=0
X=4. Sub that in x^2(x-3)+20
(Also expand that to get x^3-3x^2+20 then sub in that if easier)

3. (X-2) I think it was not (X-3) but anyway divide in your case (x-3) by the original p(x)

Don't remember the other two
Original post by r-star
this might be too late but useful in future. to factorise a large quadratic as such as the one belowthis is what u should

7k 2 - 48k + 80

7x80=560

so now start with 7 and 80
double 7 and half 80
14 and 40
repeat
28 and 20
derefore -28 and -20 are ur factors... then u should do rest easily
all ur doing is halfing and doubling if u still cant find factor then start with 1 and 560 but it wont work in this case, i used this method for todays exam found the factors quickly i think deres also a youtube vid about it

Sorry is this for aqa I think is saw 9k2 somewhere😢
Reply 808
Original post by InaneRambler
Yeha, sorry. Thats what I meant too!

so how was max=-12pi?
Original post by jakecre8
The highest mark needed for an A is always 60=80%. After reading a lot of comments, the A boundary could go as low as 55. In my core 4 mock, the A mark was 55 and I got 63 which was "technically" an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In jan 13 an A was 64/75:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
In jan 13 an A was 64/75:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think the grade boundaries could be that high this year? :s-smilie:
Reply 811
What do people think the grade boundaries for this paper will be? I don't think I got any less than 65 marks, and I'm hoping for an A overall in AS Maths as I got a C last year :/. Hoping core 2 and mechanics go well!
Reply 812
Original post by r-star
the first 2 parts of the question was 3 each so 6
the one about finding dy/dx was 2 i think and then the one about finding r and whether its max or min was 4 marks

6ai) was 3 marks, 6aii) and was 2 marks :smile:
Reply 813
Original post by tanyapotter

I doubt it, this has been the hardest core 1 paper by far!
Original post by tanyapotter

No cause of the cylinder question.
I made a mistake there. I got r to be 4 and then i differentiated the equation wrong so got a positive value for second differentiation so a mimimum value:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbbiC
I doubt it, this has been the hardest core 1 paper by far!

judging by the mark scheme i got either 67 or 68/75 so hopefully that has secured an A for me :redface: thank god!
guys, is it possible to just not get any method marks when yoh know you're entitled to them? are examiners ever prone to just looking at the final answer and, if it's wrong, losing you all method marks because they have a lot of papers to mark and can't be bothered?
I got 66 definitely if the unofficial mark scheme is right. The only one I got wrong was q6. I got the right dv/dx, and found r as 4. but Messed up part b as I forgot to put it as -12pi. So I said it was a minimum. Would I get method marks for that and how many do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt it since that would be very unprofessional and questions often can have error carried forward which means that they will need to check working
So I shouldn't expect method marks for it? And was finding the positive value of r in the second part of part b? And what are your predictions for what an A will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending