The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Rgu 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What about the living costs? I heard it's quite an expensive city because of the oil and petrol industry ...
Original post by Rubysmith
Its in scotland
asda, sainsbury, currys and pc, boots, a gym, gp practice, duthie park and a ski center all within walking distance. the campus is fine, not the biggest but great. aberdeen is a city. i found it a little grey when i arrived but trust me there are grey-er places. shopping is fine, we have three big shopping centers.

anything else you want to know feel free to ask!
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Original post by AmaRo
What about the living costs? I heard it's quite an expensive city because of the oil and petrol industry ...

It is very expensive. But it's not quite London expensive though.
Original post by AmaRo

Accommodation is expensive because of the oil and gas industry, but as with anywhere it's possible to live cheap. Morrisons and asda are both cheaper shops and are within reach of the majority of RGU halls. As previously posted it's also nowhere near as bad as London!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by SEANGRAY_
Accepted my unconditional for Pharmacy yesterday :-)

Can't wait!

Hey I've applied for Pharmacy at RGU, but its the only uni I haven't any response from at all. When did you get the offer? And did you have an interview?
Original post by Linajabs
Hey I've applied for Pharmacy at RGU, but its the only uni I haven't any response from at all. When did you get the offer? And did you have an interview?

Hi!

Sorry I'm just seeing this but I got my offer on 09/02/15 and did not attend an interview.

Good luck!
Reply 25
Original post by SEANGRAY_
Hi!

Sorry I'm just seeing this but I got my offer on 09/02/15 and did not attend an interview.

Good luck!

Thank for your reply, I still haven't heard anything from them :/
Hope I do soon, kinda worried.
Congrats on your offer by the way :biggrin:
Reply 26
Got offers for management and management with marketing, anyone else applied/got offers for those courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I've received a conditional offer for public relations at rgu - just wondering what people are opting for, halls or private accommodation? :smile:
Original post by erindunn97
Hi I've received a conditional offer for public relations at rgu - just wondering what people are opting for, halls or private accommodation? :smile:

Go for halls for your first year - they're the best way to meet folk and make friends. Plenty of time after that to go private :smile:
Were are the halls of RGU ive applied for the garthdee flats. Im starting CYP nursing in september :smile: anyone else planning on living in garthdee ? Or doing this nursing course. Garthdee flats is the cheapest an closest to the college :smile:
Reply 30
I am considering applying for garthdee :smile: I have a conditional offer for events management.
Original post by Enna1996
Were are the halls of RGU ive applied for the garthdee flats. Im starting CYP nursing in september :smile: anyone else planning on living in garthdee ? Or doing this nursing course. Garthdee flats is the cheapest an closest to the college :smile:
We could be sharing lol :smile:
Reply 32
Yeah haha. Still not 100% sure to firm it or not yet :frown:
We could be sharing lol :smile:
Firm it?
Original post by AmaRo
Yeah haha. Still not 100% sure to firm it or not yet :frown:

what u mean firm it lol. ? I have to send my application on 12th may hopefully i get garthdee :smile: dont want a mental noisey place :frown: thats just party party party
what u mean firm it lol. ? I have to send my application on 12th may hopefully i get garthdee :smile: dont want a mental noisey place :frown: thats just party party party

As long as you don't choose woolmanhill, all the halls are relatively calm most of the time. Equally, every single halls will have noisy nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Linajabs
Thank for your reply, I still haven't heard anything from them :/
Hope I do soon, kinda worried.
Congrats on your offer by the way :biggrin:

Hey!

Have you heard anything yet?

And thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by peedie pixie
As long as you don't choose woolmanhill, all the halls are relatively calm most of the time. Equally, every single halls will have noisy nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is Woolmanhill noisy? I'm applying there for first year as I figured I could meet lots of new people there- am I wrong? What are your opinions of it?
Original post by AberBeth
Is Woolmanhill noisy? I'm applying there for first year as I figured I could meet lots of new people there- am I wrong? What are your opinions of it?

Ive heard it is quite noisey from a past pupil :smile:
Ive heard it is quite noisey from a past pupil :smile:

I applied for Woolmanhill, personally I think it will be the best experience there

Quick Reply

Latest