The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If I got 46 c1 what would I have to get in c2 and s1 to get B overall ?
Reply 421
Original post by Rkai01
No there isn't any solutions for S3 anywhere for past papers.

Probably because I've never done them.

I think these solutions have now had more views than total entries. Lol.
Reply 422
Original post by tazza ma razza
What's good big man,

Could you possibly tell me which modules you'll be providing solutions for this year? I do further maths A2 so just curious as to how far you go in the module chains

I will sit: FP2, S3 and S4 -> just wanted to see if you will provide solutions :smile:

Thanks Arsey - saving our bacon after exams hahaha :smile:

If I have time. I will do solutions to the C1-C4 M1-M2 S1 FP1 D1-D2 I might do FP2 if I can remember how to do it. I doubt it about S2 as I've forgotten half of it.

Not sure if I will have time to do the R and IAL papers this season.
Will I lose marks for leaving 3)a) as 12x^2 +10x^-3? Is it simplified enough?
Reply 424
Original post by particlestudent
3-sqrt2>p>3+sqrt2

You will definitely lose the final mark.

You will lose the final method mark if you haven't made it clear on your diagram you are choosing the outside region.

If you write, for example, x<1 AND x>3, you now lose the final mark too

It was obv 2 root 2 as well
Reply 425
Original post by sleepyspider
Will I lose marks for leaving 3)a) as 12x^2 +10x^-3? Is it simplified enough?

Yes
Hi arsey if for 10b I let y=rootx and then solved it from there getting y^2=3/2 then y=root3/2 and then subbed in rootx and squared both sides and lastly getting x=3/2 would I get full marks? y was already used in the question as something else but would I penalised for using it as a way to make the algebra nicer? Also does it matter that I forgot the +- in y=root3/2? Finally, for the inequalities one I used x instead of p and didn't write "or" I just put one inequality under the other would I lose marks for that?
Reply 427
I think I got 70 or 71 depending on method marks... What do I need in C2 and M1 for an A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
Yes

yes i'll lose marks or yes it's simplified enough, ffs arsey don't be vague
Original post by Ella_M
I think I got 70 or 71 depending on method marks... What do I need in C2 and M1 for an A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same score or even better but you're definitely on track for a solid bang-tidy A with that kind of a mark ^_^ I think I got aroun 70-72 also :biggrin:
Original post by Arsey
You will definitely lose the final mark.

You will lose the final method mark if you haven't made it clear on your diagram you are choosing the outside region.

If you write, for example, x<1 AND x>3, you now lose the final mark too

It was obv 2 root 2 as well

Yes it was 2sqrt2, i forgot to write that to you:smile:
Original post by target21859
Thanks Arsey! For question with the inequality in p I got it correct but with x instead of p would I lose a mark for this? Also what do you expect the grade boundary to be for 100 ums?

Hi did u figure out if using x is right because i did the same thing too sigh.
If I got 46 in c1 , what would I need in c2 and s1 to get atlesdt a B overall please?😄
Reply 433
could i please have the c1 model answers for yesterdays paper
Hi,
For the differentiation and integration question if I left it in this form say 10^-3 would I lose marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vivek.yagnik
If I got 46 c1 what would I have to get in c2 and s1 to get B overall ?

Given that 46 might be a C/D at let's say around 57 ums. 210-57=153 153/2=77~ so a high B or an A to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 436
Original post by Arsey
Yes

For 7B, how many marks would I lose for not getting the final solutions for x? Is it 2 or just the A1 marks?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iBall
For 7B, how many marks would I lose for not getting the final solutions for x? Is it 2 or just the A1 marks?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put p > 3 + 2root 2 :/
Will I lose a mark

And on the differentiation question for 3a. The answer was 12x^2 + 10x^-3. I divided by 2 :s-smilie: will lose a mark?
Original post by Freddy-Francis
I put p > 3 + 2root 2 :/
Will I lose a mark

And on the differentiation question for 3a. The answer was 12x^2 + 10x^-3. I divided by 2 :s-smilie: will lose a mark?

Yes you will

Posted from TSR Mobile