The Student Room Group

Vote on C1

Scroll to see replies

If C1 was hard, just imagine what C2 will be like...
Original post by Valyrian
If C1 was hard, just imagine what C2 will be like...

I honestly think c1 was almost too easy which might mean they'll make c2 super hard? :frown:
Original post by Xela22
Huge amount of room for mistakes, you either do it very well, or do it quite bad. Nasty paper, you can come in with a lot of revision for C1, and still do bad. Separates students by a big margin. If you start doing it in a bad fashion, nervous, confused, you will go down on a slippery slope of failure. Horrible paper.

exactly this.
would 68/67 be enough for 90UMS ???
On the 2^x question I left the equations as the y values and didn't sub them into the original equation for part b. How many marks do you think ill lose?
Original post by Jordan97
I've just being doing Solomon papers and your IYBG papers TeeEm everyday for the last week and so in comparison that paper seemed fairly easy

Where do you get the IYBG papers mate? Cheers
Original post by mercuryman
Lol unfortuantely no chance, your looking at 85ums at best. Im not hating im in your situation aswell
Original post by thebigbadcon
Where do you get the IYBG papers mate? Cheers

Bump ^
Original post by Formless
Lol unfortuantely no chance, your looking at 85ums at best. Im not hating im in your situation aswell

What do you reckon 70/75 is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Formless
Bump ^

click on the profile of TeeEm
Reply 90
Original post by mercuryman

I think 90UMS will be around 68
Original post by Ellejennifer
what was your x coordinate for question 10? and if you can remember how did you get there?

did you make f'(x) = -1/2 then go from there?

No I think dy/dy was 2 because it was the normal not a tangent if I remember correctly
Because when looking at all the existing papers, it was easy to see that nothing new came up
was that exam paper really leaked?
Reply 94
Original post by alevels2k15
was that exam paper really leaked?

nothing that I heard off.
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT
What do you reckon 70/75 is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

90 would be my guess
Original post by Lozzie97
I don't know if anyone has replied to this so I will reply anyway. -1/2 was the gradient of the normal. Therefore you get the negative reciprocal to get the gradient of the tangent (and therefore the gradient at P), that would be 2. Then you set 2 equal to the differentiated version of the equation. Then you rearrange, the differentiated version had a plus two so I subtracted two from both sides and ended up with a surd fraction minus a surd fraction, I moved one surd fraction to the other side. Then I cross multiplied (or whatever it's called) and got 12x = 18 and therefore x = 3/2 (the 12 and 18 could have been the other way round, can't quite remember).

How did you find the rest of the paper?

Thank you so much for replying that makes much more sense now- I should have read the question properly😓😓
The rest of the paper was fine. Made a couple if stupid mistakes though, how about you?
Reply 97
Thank you so much for replying that makes much more sense now- I should have read the question properly😓😓
The rest of the paper was fine. Made a couple if stupid mistakes though, how about you?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327325

No problem. And yeah, I thought it was fine too. A bit tricky and I made a stupid mistake or two. But overall it wasn't bad.

Did you do C2 today? How did you find it?

Hey what do you think:
57/75 is in C1?
61/75 is in C2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending