The Student Room Group

Edexcel RS - foundations exam - 14th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rachbowen_1
I have done situation ethics only haha!

Both in the same boat then! Have to wait and see how that pans out haha
Original post by cogitoergo
'Outline the key ideas of Utilitarianism or Situation Ethics (21).

If you are just learning Utilitarianism on the ethics side and nothing else, this is a massive risk and one I would not recommend my pupils to take.

Why? We're not expected to have knowledge of both topics for a question like that, are we? We just choose one?
Original post by fran_fran
Why? We're not expected to have knowledge of both topics for a question like that, are we? We just choose one?

Utilitarianism has featured every year. If it did not come up tomorrow and you learnt only that topic, you would be in trouble!!!

You need to have a backup plan just in case.
Reply 63

The question is what they expect it could be, however they're saying that it would be a huge risk just doing one theory because the other may not come up
Reply 64
Original post by ollie237
Ah right, you sound like you'd be able to cover it then :smile: It was last year when I did it, but we were never taught Religion and Morality, so I only have the other two to work with :/

oh ok thanks! Well im sure we will all be fine and we are just worrying for no reason! :smile:
I hope people on here saying they could make you write about two ethical theories in one essay are joking
Reply 66
Original post by TomWeller
I really doubt it, if they did so many people would be disadvantaged.. I'm pretty sure you only need to learn one or the other :smile:

Ahh thank you, it's been worrying me all day!!
Reply 67
Original post by kaytaylou
I hope people on here saying they could make you write about two ethical theories in one essay are joking

Haha apparently not :s-smilie:
Original post by kaytaylou

Don't worry, it's very very unlikely. Apparently.
Looking for Cosmological, Evil and Suffering and either Sit or UT :confused:

Someone said that 2015 will be the final exam paper made on this syllabus (can anyone confirm?), so it hardly seems like the time to shake things up.

Yeah I've been told that too, they're unlikely to change anything as it's the last year :smile:
Reply 71
Capture.PNG
I made this showing when questions have come up if people find it useful, I only included the topics I studied though
Anyone doing New Testament Luke's Gospel?
Original post by joebush
Capture.PNG
I made this showing when questions have come up if people find it useful, I only included the topics I studied though

That is actually pretty useful, I really hope the 'trend' continues meaning that a basic situation ethics question comes up, I have revised that much more than Util :/
Reply 74
Do you think there's a possibility that utilitarianism might not come up.
my bet is on a Util / Morality question and a Situation Ethics question.. but to be honest it'll be much safer to know both SE and Util :')
Is it OK if i only revised UT Cosmo and S/F ????
I'm terrified, I know design argument and evil & suffering pretty well and utilitarianism to some extent but situation ethics I know near to nothing about, I'm so screwed:frown:
Original post by slime_pixie
I'm terrified, I know design argument and evil & suffering pretty well and utilitarianism to some extent but situation ethics I know near to nothing about, I'm so screwed:frown:

I am literally in the exact same boat although I risked just learning 3 bcos it's a resit so didn't want to add more pressure and now I'm kinda regretting it :frown:((( Praying for utilitarianism Q to be straight forward!!
Original post by ruby0906
I am literally in the exact same boat although I risked just learning 3 bcos it's a resit so didn't want to add more pressure and now I'm kinda regretting it :frown:((( Praying for utilitarianism Q to be straight forward!!
Goddamn I'm hoping same, I'm kinda cramming util now in the hope more will actually stick and have given up hope in situation ethics. My poor excuse is that I focused way too hard on my textiles and art coursework and almost completely ignored my psychology and philosophy for most the year. It was a bad idea haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending