The Student Room Group

Whats your financial situation like? as in credit, debit etc.

As per title really... What're your finances like? as in Credit Cards, Bank etc.?

Personally
Amex Gold
TSB Platinum
Santander 123
RBS World Card
MBNA Emirates visa/amex
ANZ Platinum Air Point Dollar reward card
ANZ Bank
Citi Bank Gold
Santander [tossers]
TSB

Scroll to see replies

2 current accounts
1 fixed isa
1 e savings account
All with Lloyd's( we re loyal customers in my flat)
Original post by claireestelle
2 current accounts
1 fixed isa
1 e savings account
All with Lloyd's( we re loyal customers in my flat)

May I ask what the interest on the ISA is? I havent checked them in a while and keep my savings back home in my ANZ account as when I last checked their online account paid a standard 4% which was not subject to penalties and their serious saver which had 5% both smashed any accounts in the UK however theyre subject to changes in currency which due to current policies on both sides could prove an issue, not to mention I pay tax there which is annoying :tongue:
2%, pretty awful really, but as I ve just over the uk savings allowance, i m a little reduced on choice.
I can close the account next year at which point I ll probably consider having a regular savings account to get a better rate on about a grand of it I recon.
(edited 8 years ago)
2%, pretty awful really, but as I ve just over the uk savings allowance, i m a little reduced on choice.
I can close the account next year at which point I ll probably consider having a regular savings account to get a better rate on about a grand of it I recon.

Ouch thats a painful rate, doesnt that mean you're essentually loosing money that way? I would recomend an offshore account like my ANZ one as an example as you dont need to be a citizen for them and assuming a 1:2 exchange $2000 would get you $100 or £50 a year in interest :tongue:
Original post by Soldieroffortune
Ouch thats a painful rate, doesnt that mean you're essentually loosing money that way? I would recomend an offshore account like my ANZ one as an example as you dont need to be a citizen for them and assuming a 1:2 exchange $2000 would get you $100 or £50 a year in interest :tongue:

I dont trust an offshore as i lose the uk protection of 85000 per bank, i mean i dont have anywhere near that but if its in the uk at least i know its safe:P

I m not loosing money really, i get like £200 interest a year so its better than spending it i suppose:P
I dont trust an offshore as i lose the uk protection of 85000 per bank, i mean i dont have anywhere near that but if its in the uk at least i know its safe:P

I m not loosing money really, i get like £200 interest a year so its better than spending it i suppose:P

How do you get £200 on 2% on £1000!? :P
How do you get £200 on 2% on £1000!? :P

sorry i m being confusing, i have almost 17k. i mentioned a grand as if i wanted to keep the majority of my money tax free if i open a new account next year so 15.5k has to stay in an isa and i wanted to find a way to get more for the remaining grand and a bit:P
being that you have so many accounts, has it not effected your credit rating much?
being that you have so many accounts, has it not effected your credit rating much?

Well my overseas ones dont count so they havent.
The only negative effect has been that I have borrowed heavily on certain cards but since I have no intention of getting more debt so loans/cards etc. I can live with it :tongue: I believe my rating is still green though :smile:
sorry i m being confusing, i have almost 17k. i mentioned a grand as if i wanted to keep the majority of my money tax free if i open a new account next year so 15.5k has to stay in an isa and i wanted to find a way to get more for the remaining grand and a bit:P

Oh I see I see! Wouldnt it be potentially more profitable to invest it in companies, gilts, bonds loans etc. though? slightly more risk but a larger upside :smile:
Oh I see I see! Wouldnt it be potentially more profitable to invest it in companies, gilts, bonds loans etc. though? slightly more risk but a larger upside :smile:

Had the money for almost 10 years so not about to risk it on anything now :tongue: Safe interest is much less stressful for me as want there to be no chance I d lose any especially as I m hoping it to be my house/wedding fund.
I have a LLoyds bank current ac.....
As per title really... What're your finances like? as in Credit Cards, Bank etc.?

Personally
Amex Gold
TSB Platinum
Santander 123
RBS World Card
MBNA Emirates visa/amex
ANZ Platinum Air Point Dollar reward card
ANZ Bank
Citi Bank Gold
Santander [tossers]
TSB

I recently shed a bunch of accounts and cards and consolidated to the following;
ADCB Excellency (UAE), I also have the Excellency Infinite card.
American Express Platinum and Gold (UK).
HSBC Premier (UK), I also have the Premier MasterCard for long term spending.

My credit rating is pretty ****ed mind, hence why I consolidated.
(edited 8 years ago)
I just have 2 ISAs, 1 current account and a savings account. All with Natwest.
Santander 123, Natwest current account, and an ISA and savings account, both with Virgin.
Reply 16
Barclays Current
Barclays Joint Current
1st Direct Current
Halifax Current
Halifax Credit card
Natwest Cash ISA
Hargreaves Lansdown S&S ISA
Nationwide Mortgage

I'm also a joint signatory on several council accounts
Natwest current account and 2 savings accounts with TSB - one of which is an ISA (though I really should change... I get 0.20pcnt interest on the non-ISA one lmao).
Original post by tehFrance
I recently shed a bunch of accounts and cards and consolidated to the following;
ADCB Excellency (UAE), I also have the Excellency Infinite card.
American Express Platinum and Gold (UK).
HSBC Premier (UK), I also have the Premier MasterCard for long term spending.

My credit rating is pretty ****ed mind, hence why I consolidated.

Nice, what's the HSBC Premier like over here? I've heard good things from its Malaysian and Aussie subsidiaries
May I ask why Amex plat and gold though? The platinum offers everything the Gold does albeit with a few more perks?
I have a current account, and a savings jar :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending