The Student Room Group

Edexcel RS - foundations exam - 14th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Good luck guys x
Reply 81
Original post by slime_pixie
I'm terrified, I know design argument and evil & suffering pretty well and utilitarianism to some extent but situation ethics I know near to nothing about, I'm so screwed:frown:

I'm doing exactly the same. i'm kind of ok with utilitarianism and i've done cosmo as well as design, but i haven't done any SE and don't really want to. just remember pragmatism, positivism, personalism, relativism and make the rest up, thats what i'm doing. fingers crossed for a nice util question! xx
Original post by ktecope
I'm doing exactly the same. i'm kind of ok with utilitarianism and i've done cosmo as well as design, but i haven't done any SE and don't really want to. just remember pragmatism, positivism, personalism, relativism and make the rest up, thats what i'm doing. fingers crossed for a nice util question! xx

I'm confident with Design and a Problem of Evil. But I don't know Cosmo so if they combine it I'll do Just war, problem of evil and util/SE

This is the last exam for the Edexcel RS exam. It could be really hard. It could be really easy.

Who knows?! We will find it in 1 hour xD
Reply 83
Original post by Tow
I'm confident with Design and a Problem of Evil. But I don't know Cosmo so if they combine it I'll do Just war, problem of evil and util/SE

This is the last exam for the Edexcel RS exam. It could be really hard. It could be really easy.

Who knows?! We will find it in 1 hour xD

exactly! although so far all my exmas have been easy so fingers crossed!

Good luck!!!!
Good luck guys
Reply 85
How did everyone find it?
What did people think about the war and peace question?
I was a bit rushed for time so didn't finish my conclusions :frown:
I'm pretty sure I'm happy with how it went :smile: I didn't remember all of the fundamental principles for Situation Ethics, and I had wanted to answer Cosmological but when I looked at the wording I wasn't too sure what they wanted, so I went with design. Luckily I had memorized an essay before the exam that my teacher had marked for me, so it should be alright. At one point my teacher was standing outside the room I was in (I had to sit right by the window so I could plug my laptop in) and grinning at me.
Reply 87
So happy!! The questions were all straightforward and they had everything. I did design, evil and suffering, and utilitarianism. i think the evil and suffering question could have been better, but other than that i was pretty happy.

what did everyone else think?
Just want to say i hope everyone did well, in my opinion the questions were amazing, i would love to know how everyone else found it, to the three before me that asked that I found it okay, the questions weren't too complicated although I have always had problems with my timing, but yeah I thought it went well. Bet you all did really well ^.^
Questions were easy
Original post by oswalds
I'm pretty sure I'm happy with how it went :smile: I didn't remember all of the fundamental principles for Situation Ethics, and I had wanted to answer Cosmological but when I looked at the wording I wasn't too sure what they wanted, so I went with design. Luckily I had memorized an essay before the exam that my teacher had marked for me, so it should be alright. At one point my teacher was standing outside the room I was in (I had to sit right by the window so I could plug my laptop in) and grinning at me.

What was the question for the cosmological argument ?
Turned out really nice! Just like every other paper, the questions are practically the same every year! (And to think, I was so worried that this would be the year. The year it suddenly got really hard.)

(Are we allowed to discuss questions? Is there a rule?)
Reply 92
quote=Bobbs;55782807]How did everyone find it?
What did people think about the war and peace question?
I was a bit rushed for time so didn't finish my conclusions :frown:

I did the war and peace question, and ran out of time as well! The question was a bit narrow - theres not THAT much to say about pacifism tbh. I meant to outline the different types of pacifism but didn't have much time and wasn't 100% sure on them, so just gave a general overview of the theory. What did you write for the question?
Original post by fran_fran
Turned out really nice! Just like every other paper, the questions are practically the same every year! (And to think, I was so worried that this would be the year. The year it suddenly got really hard.)

(Are we allowed to discuss questions? Is there a rule?)

How did you find the design argument? I didn't really like part B
Original post by rachbowen_1
How did you find the design argument? I didn't really like part B

I didn't do design argument actually, (it was one of my back-ups, for if cosmo was really difficult). What was the question b?

Cosmological was standard, but with weird wording. They really just replaced 'key features' with 'distinctive emphases', which was a bit of a mickey-take.

Problem of Evil was all about theodicies, but I tried to sneak in my 'problems' knowledge - which I was hoping for more of - any which way.

And Utilitarianism was literally identical to the one they do almost every year! RE is a really weird style of exam.
I didn't do design argument actually, (it was one of my back-ups, for if cosmo was really difficult). What was the question b?

Cosmological was standard, but with weird wording. They really just replaced 'key features' with 'distinctive emphases', which was a bit of a mickey-take.

Problem of Evil was all about theodicies, but I tried to sneak in my 'problems' knowledge - which I was hoping for more of - any which way.

And Utilitarianism was literally identical to the one they do almost every year! RE is a really weird style of exam.

I forgot how it was worded, but it was worldly really weirdly so I didn't like the question. I did evil and utilitarianism as well, I didn't really like the evil one. But utilitarianism was fine... I'm not sure how well I think I did! Do you do the investigations paper too? If so what do you do yours on!
Do you do the investigations paper too? If so what do you do yours on!

Religious Experience. :colondollar:

Probably more positive about next week's exam, by the looks of things they ask us to trot out the same essay every year in that paper as well...! :biggrin:
Religious Experience. :colondollar:

Probably more positive about next week's exam, by the looks of things they ask us to trot out the same essay every year in that paper as well...! :biggrin:

Oh we do ours on Euthanasia!
Oh we do ours on Euthanasia!

Euthanasia? Blimey, that sounds a bit specific. How are you feeling about it?
The paper was really good! I did Situation Ethics/Miracles & Sexual Ethics!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending