The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a girl who has children?

I'm interested in a girl she is 28 and is a mother of 3 and I did know she had a kid but I didn't know she had 3 kids and I also thought she was older like in her early thirties. The kids in question are school age they are not babies. Just wondering if you think it may be concerning she has this many kids before 30 and if it's worth pursuing her or not?

Would you be put off by a girl having kids because it seems all girls have kids by the time they are at least 22 these days.
Reply 1
We can't tell you whether you should be with her or not. Only you know if you are comfortable with her children or not. You need to bear in mind that they will always be her top priority - if you are not prepared to be flexible and have plans change last minute sometimes, don't bother.
^Ava pretty much said it all.
Reply 3
Original post by AvaAdore
We can't tell you whether you should be with her or not. Only you know if you are comfortable with her children or not. You need to bear in mind that they will always be her top priority - if you are not prepared to be flexible and have plans change last minute sometimes, don't bother.

The kids aren't really a problem and I have a child myself anyway. Mainly I'm interested in if you believe she is maybe not a decent or responsible person if she has 3 kids in school but is still only 28. Like would my family think maybe she is not a decent person or something? I mean I've heard people call girls 'chavs' who have a few children while young like would she be judged like that by outsiders do you think?

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
The kids aren't really a problem and I have a child myself anyway. Mainly I'm interested in if you believe she is maybe not a decent or responsible person if she has 3 kids in school but is still only 28. Like would my family think maybe she is not a decent person or something? I mean I've heard people call girls 'chavs' who have a few children while young like would she be judged like that by outsiders do you think?

A, frankly if you and your family are such judgement ********s, she's way better off without you. If she is raising her kids well then she's a decent person. What a stupid thing to say - this isn't the 50s and she isn't 19.

B, why do you care what close minded idiots think? It's your relationship it only
matters if you're comfortable. But frankly after what you've said I think she could do better.
Reply 6
Original post by AvaAdore
A, frankly if you and your family are such judgement ********s, she's way better off without you. If she is raising her kids well then she's a decent person. What a stupid thing to say - this isn't the 50s and she isn't 19.

B, why do you care what close minded idiots think? It's your relationship it only
matters if you're comfortable. But frankly after what you've said I think she could do better.

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything judgmental about her, I am asking you if that's how SOCIETY and family might view someone who has several kids at a young age. After all, aren't people always blabbering on about how young girls shouldn't get pregnant and should 'pay their way' by working and not get a council house and all the rest of it? Not a day goes by where some programme isn't on about 'benefit scrounging chavs' and single moms this, single moms that.

Well I am saying to you, this is a girl who hasn't done your precious working and paying taxes and has basically been a mother since she left school. I don't have a problem with that, I'm asking what everyone else thinks.

Plus judging by how you treated that guy who liked you and led him on and then got him fired from your job, I'm not sure you're the best person to be speaking on these matters, shorty.

Quick Reply

Latest