The Student Room Group

Conservatives. You Reap What You Sow.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by A1112787
Please show more respect for the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

Us Conservatives would never have talked about Brown in such an unflattering way, and neither should you about Cameron - who has the best interests of the country at heart.

I have no obligation or reason to respect that vile creature. The fact that he is Prime Minister says nothing about his competence and more about the foolishness of the British people.

He may have your interests at hear but clearly he doesn't have the interest of 2/3 of the Country, else they would have gone out there and voted for him.
Original post by bishopdon123
Which hate preachers in Birmingham city centre?

I see them up on New Street mainly during the summer months. You sometimes see them in pigeon park at lunch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xin Xang
I have no obligation or reason to respect that vile creature. The fact that he is Prime Minister says nothing about his competence and more about the foolishness of the British people.

He may have your interests at hear but clearly he doesn't have the interest of 2/3 of the Country, else they would have gone out there and voted for him.

You dont understand deomcracy do you. He had a clear majority. The fact there are more than two parties to vote for means 50% is completely unrealistic for any party nowadays

Do you also dispute the legitimacy of the Labour win in 2005?

2005 - LABOUR MAJORITY - 35% - 355 seats
2015 - CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY - 37% - 331 seats
Reply 104
Original post by DiddyDec
Do you also dispute the legitimacy of the Labour win in 2005?

2005 - LABOUR MAJORITY - 35% - 355 seats
2015 - CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY - 37% - 331 seats

I didn't dispute the legitimacy of their win.

But winning under a system where ,achieving 1/3 of the vote of a country you are going to be running, is enough to grant you a majority, clearly is ridiculous.
I didn't dispute the legitimacy of their win.

But winning under a system where ,achieving 1/3 of the vote of a country you are going to be running, is enough to grant you a majority, clearly is ridiculous.

Well that is the system that we have. Rather than dedicating your life to stopping the Tories, why don't you dedicate it to getting a fairer voting system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that is the system that we have. Rather than dedicating your life to stopping the Tories, why don't you dedicate it to getting a fairer voting system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems to me that someone can have more than one objective in life.
Original post by TurboCretin
Seems to me that someone can have more than one objective in life.

One is pointless the other is achievable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One is pointless the other is achievable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It isn't pointless to oppose the Tories. It's perhaps pointless to go on endlessly about the fact that they're in power, but taking issue with things they're doing is perfectly reasonable. Campaigning can bring about change in that regard.
It isn't pointless to oppose the Tories. It's perhaps pointless to go on endlessly about the fact that they're in power, but taking issue with things they're doing is perfectly reasonable. Campaigning can bring about change in that regard.

It is pointless trying to remove a democratically elected party. As the poster was suggesting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is pointless trying to remove a democratically elected party. As the poster was suggesting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did he suggest that? Certainly not in this thread.

Perhaps you're referring to this exchange:

SotonianOne: "You are free to leave. There's 26 other EU-law-following countries you can go to."

Xin Xang: "No actually I'd rather stay and do all I can to remove the Conservatives from power. However little my efforts may amount to, I'd much rather be on the side of history fighting for freedom rather than against it."

But I don't see how you can infer from that that OP wants to override democracy - I read it as campaigning to get them out at the next election.
Original post by _icecream
:afraid: This is like 1910 England

if only it were ! The bright Edwardian afternoon of English society. The flower of our youth blissfully unaware of the terrible carnage awaiting.
I see them up on New Street mainly during the summer months. You sometimes see them in pigeon park at lunch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you referring to the Muslim stalls on New Street?
Never been around at lunch time by pigeon park so not sure which ones you're on about there.
Where did he suggest that? Certainly not in this thread.

Perhaps you're referring to this exchange:

SotonianOne: "You are free to leave. There's 26 other EU-law-following countries you can go to."

Xin Xang: "No actually I'd rather stay and do all I can to remove the Conservatives from power. However little my efforts may amount to, I'd much rather be on the side of history fighting for freedom rather than against it."

But I don't see how you can infer from that that OP wants to override democracy - I read it as campaigning to get them out at the next election.

Well we read it differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bishopdon123
Are you referring to the Muslim stalls on New Street?
Never been around at lunch time by pigeon park so not sure which ones you're on about there.

No not the Muslim stalls. It is not as common now as it was about 2 years ago when they would be outside the station preaching about death to gays and destroying our decadent western ways.

I have only seen one since returning to Birmingham this year, he was saying how homosexuals should be killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No not the Muslim stalls. It is not as common now as it was about 2 years ago when they would be outside the station preaching about death to gays and destroying our decadent western ways.

I have only seen one since returning to Birmingham this year, he was saying how homosexuals should be killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, I've not come across any whenever I'm in Birmingham City Centre that have been outright preaching this stuff.
I'll observe and listen more intently to any stalls next time I'm there.
Well we read it differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A choice opportunity for deploying Occam's Razor, perhaps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending