The Student Room Group

GCSE 21st Century Chemistry C1 C2 C3

Scroll to see replies

What did people get for the Salt (nanoparticle) x2000 answer?
Who just did the c123 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salt nano particle answer I got 6.0 x 10^-4
Also what did everyone right for the last 6 marker on magnetism?
4 x 10^-6 i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CCocklin
Who just did the c123 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone on this page :wink:.

Overall I thought it was okay but some of the maths questions were difficult :/.

What did people get for using natural instead of synthetic? I didn't really understand xD
Original post by 'Chris'

Overall I thought it was okay but some of the maths questions were difficult :/.

What did people get for using natural instead of synthetic? I didn't really understand xD

I found that one confusing too :/ I put about synthetics being harmful to the environment
Original post by Ukcurious
I found that one confusing too :/ I put about synthetics being harmful to the environment

Oh yeah that's a good answer, I just talked about how they could be more suitable e.g. stronger, more flexible but I didn't have a clue xD

Yep that was tricky, some people were saying it's to do with renewable sources and how plants can be regrown.
Salt nano particle answer I got 6.0 x 10^-4

Yep that's correct
Bit of a weird paper. Had elements of geography and biology as well as our favourite section on C1 Data Handling.
Should have relatively low grade boundaries.
Original post by zigocarn
Yep that was tricky, some people were saying it's to do with renewable sources and how plants can be regrown.

Easier to access plant material in LICs and far less costly as these people may not have been able to afford nylon or polyester.
what about the last 6 mark on Antartica moving? what were the points to include

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abbeyjayne
How did you all find it? It was okay but i rhink i lost basic marks on the 6MQs. What material did you choose for the boat rope?

Polypropene I think it was, the last material anyway as it was the best for most of the categories
The question on Antarctica, I swear, was P1?!.. . :s-smilie:
Original post by Digimon304
What did you guys get for the tennis balls question about how many balls needs to be tested.. I got 96 but everyone got different answers...

I got 96 as well, I think I did like 80/100*120
Fingers crossed we were right
I was worried about things like the Leblanc process and I think it was easier then I expected however I assume the grade boundaries will be high since there was Many tick box questions ect
Original post by 'Chris'

For this I put that raw materials to make synthetic products are extracted from the earth's crust and without a chemistry industry this isn't possible...

I don't know if thats right I found it confusing as well...

What did you get about the Mercury question at the end??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zigocarn
What did people get for the Salt (nanoparticle) x2000 answer?

6 X 10^-4
Original post by 'Chris'

Key part of that Q was the 'no chemical industry'. So I wrote about how natural materials require less processing so are more favourable
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending