The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ruqayyah12334
I put aluminium oxide :frown:

i think you are correct
likely as bauxite is the ore they will say "accept bauxite"
Yeah I said pure copper is malleable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muhammad Shafi
This exam was a PIECE OF CAKE
I said that pure copper is soft which isn't suitable for a coin.

soft and malleable, what did u say for the experiment improvement
what did you write for the 6 mark
Original post by Terrydaktal
what did u guys put ? cryolite and ______ i put bauxite
what did u put for the improvement of the experiment?
what did u say for the dental braces? i said nitinol makes it stronger and is a memory alloy and can maintain its shape
what did up put for the difference in structure in an alloy and a metal - i said an alloy contains atoms of different metals so the layers are rough and cannot slide over eachother meaning that an alloy is stronger
what did u say for why a coin isn't pure copper - i said it would lose shape.

Bauxite ( aluminiums main ore)

I put use a mass balance to measure the mass of cropper sulfate (which is probably wrong)

Nithinol is a shape memory alloy so it can be reshaped and remoulded

Alloy is 2 metals mixed, pure metals is just one metal atom which can be bent and the layers slide over eachother.

Copper isn't used in coins as its a a pure metal. And that would mean that it would be bent and squashed because it would be weak.
anyone? 6 mark question?
Original post by zc555
What question?! Did you do the C3 paper or the Further Additional science paper?

It was the C2 paper, just before the q on why it had a low boiling point it asked you to draw a diagram apparently and I missed it out😓
Original post by Muhammad Shafi
what did you write for the 6 mark

anomalous result at 0.3
temperature was originally directly proportional with increase of concentration with an increase of 5oC each time
temperature increases because there are more particles so there is a higher frequency of collisions and therefore more energy and a faster rate of reaction , the graph described would level off at 35C as the rate of reaction reaches a maximum
Original post by sophierox
It was the C2 paper, just before the q on why it had a low boiling point it asked you to draw a diagram apparently and I missed it out������

diagram? no diagram
you mean the balacing eqns
or the bonding of iodine
what did u guys put ? cryolite and ______ i put bauxite
what did u put for the improvement of the experiment?
what did u say for the dental braces? i said nitinol makes it stronger and is a memory alloy and can maintain its shape
what did up put for the difference in structure in an alloy and a metal - i said an alloy contains atoms of different metals so the layers are rough and cannot slide over eachother meaning that an alloy is stronger
what did u say for why a coin isn't pure copper - i said it would lose shape.

Sure it's oxide and aluminium reacting with oxide requires cryolite
Original post by t.thompson22
Bauxite ( aluminiums main ore)

I put use a mass balance to measure the mass of cropper sulfate (which is probably wrong)

Nithinol is a shape memory alloy so it can be reshaped and remoulded

Alloy is 2 metals mixed, pure metals is just one metal atom which can be bent and the layers slide over eachother.

Copper isn't used in coins as its a a pure metal. And that would mean that it would be bent and squashed because it would be weak.

i dont thik its bauxite anymore, i think it was alumina
diagram? no diagram
you mean the balacing eqns
or the bonding of iodine

I'm pretty sure there was one where you had to do a dot and cross diagram?? My friend said there was
I'm pretty sure there was one where you had to do a dot and cross diagram?? My friend said there was

Yeah iodine had to draw in bonding using electrons

yep last page, iodine. 7 electrons on the outer shell and they share the 7th one so they have 8
For the improving investigation i put put it in a water flask so the temp remains constant but its probs wrong
drawing the iodine. To be fair though, looking at how people found it, the boundaries will be low. Remember, last year you only needed about 40 for an A.
What did u lot put for the last one about y idodine solution doesnt conduct electricity
Original post by Desouza123
For the improving investigation i put put it in a water flask so the temp remains constant but its probs wrong

I put for the improvement one putting a lid or 'bung' on the beaker to prevent some of the heat loss - does that sound acceptable?
Original post by Jonathanitb
I put for the improvement one putting a lid or 'bung' on the beaker to prevent some of the heat loss - does that sound acceptable?

Yeah thats probably right
Would i get the mark for saying that that copper corrodes, which is why it cant be used as a coin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending