The Student Room Group

Chemistry Additional Unit 2 - AQA - 14th May 2015

What topics might come up this year? Given that the B2 exam was slightly weird :/
Is there any specific experiment based 6 markers that they could ask? (I struggle with those)
Reply 1
Original post by runningcat
What topics might come up this year? Given that the B2 exam was slightly weird :/
Is there any specific experiment based 6 markers that they could ask? (I struggle with those)

I think people are thinking that it might be how you make salts or it could be electrolysis (maybe of brine)/electroplating
Reply 2
Original post by spnlove
I think people are thinking that it might be how you make salts or it could be electrolysis (maybe of brine)/electroplating

It seems likely for it to be one of those, I'm just hoping it'll be easy
This exam was a PIECE OF CAKE
Reply 4
Original post by Muhammad Shafi
This exam was a PIECE OF CAKE

IKR! what did you get for the empirical formula?
Reply 5
Had to multiply the empirical formula by 2 to get rid of the 1.5?
Reply 6
Original post by RLallie
Had to multiply the empirical formula by 2 to get rid of the 1.5?

I did something different :3
for the empirical formula i got Pb2O3
does anyone know the unofficial mark scheme
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Muhammad Shafi
for the empirical formula i got Pb2O3
does anyone know the unofficial mark scheme

I got that too! And I'm don't think one is up yet, hopefully later!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not that easy this year, apart from emp formula, none other real maths equations. All the ones i learnt were a waste of time.
If i get a high C in addiitonal overall would i still be able to take it for a level? providing my other results are all good
Original post by varun1212
Not that easy this year, apart from emp formula, none other real maths equations. All the ones i learnt were a waste of time.
If i get a high C in addiitonal overall would i still be able to take it for a level? providing my other results are all good
In my school anyway in triple you need a B but in additional you need an A to do any alevel sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by varun1212
Oh thats not what they said in my school, they said if i got 2b's for core & additional it would do?
Worried won't get the B
Prob got around 30 ish on both B2 n C2
The 2's are the hardest though, so you should improve in the 1's and also you have the isa's! Just revise for the 1's and I'm sure you will be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks, will do, just hope the results come out fine. hopefully the P2 is not too difficult

Original post by LuLu<3
The 2's are the hardest though, so you should improve in the 1's and also you have the isa's! Just revise for the 1's and I'm sure you will be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending