The Student Room Group

How did you find this year's FP1 (EDEXCEL)

This poll is closed

How did you find the EDEXCEL FP1/

I found it very hard 14%
I found it hard 27%
I found it ok 30%
I found it easy 19%
I found it very easy10%
Total votes: 203
title

Scroll to see replies

Piss easy.
Reply 2
disappointing turnout...
only 10 people did the FP1 and wish to share!
Original post by TeeEm
disappointing turnout...
only 10 people did the FP1 and wish to share!

Most are at school still
Reply 4
i found it harder than other papers
Reply 6
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Most are at school still

it is 30 now...

I had 3 students on this exam and I have spoken to one of them
He claims 100% - anything for silly numerical errors
Reply 7
Slightly harder than normal.
Reply 8
I personally found it easier than I was expecting it to be. I had to think a bit for a few questions but nothing inherently difficult.
It was a very good paper.
Original post by TeeEm
it is 30 now...

I had 3 students on this exam and I have spoken to one of them
He claims 100% - anything for silly numerical errors

Hey I'm a great fan of your past papers. Just a quick question, is there any reason why in these polls you ask how hard people found the paper. Surely it would be slightly more useful to ask how hard you found it compared to previous papers, as that way the people who will always find it easy or hard respectively will give an answer that is more indicative of the difficulty of the paper and hence make ums etc easier to predict. Just a suggestion and keep up the good work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't use the term 'hard' to describe it. I would say it was tricky, and definitely harder than last years paper. Last year's paper was heaven and only required 62 for an A. I reckon this years boundaries would be 60 for an A.

The last question was all in terms of p and q which made things really messy. Due to a sign slip I reckon I lost about 2 marks (out of 8) on that. And the last part of the last question was dependent on the previous part so I lost all 3 marks on that. Overall, expecting 70/75 (or in the absolute worse case 69/75).
Reply 12
Original post by samb1234
Hey I'm a great fan of your past papers. Just a quick question, is there any reason why in these polls you ask how hard people found the paper. Surely it would be slightly more useful to ask how hard you found it compared to previous papers, as that way the people who will always find it easy or hard respectively will give an answer that is more indicative of the difficulty of the paper and hence make ums etc easier to predict. Just a suggestion and keep up the good work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the polls are a bit of fun but it is for the student's benefit.
It will be interesting to see how these responses compare with the actual boundary
Original post by kprime2
I wouldn't use the term 'hard' to describe it. I would say it was tricky, and definitely harder than last years paper. Last year's paper was heaven and only required 62 for an A. I reckon this years boundaries would be 60 for an A.

The last question was all in terms of p and q which made things really messy. Due to a sign slip I reckon I lost about 2 marks (out of 8) on that. And the last part of the last question was dependent on the previous part so I lost all 3 marks on that. Overall, expecting 70/75 (or in the absolute worse case 69/75).

I thought the tangent intersection part was done to death already.
quite tricky. think I did ok though. I feel like I got full marks up until question 8.
It was all pretty much standard. I think what caught people out was the second induction question.

I think if you were not fairly familiar with the expansion of (n+1)^2 , then you may not have seen immediately what the factorisation would look like.

Otherwise, I'm expecting very high grade boundaries.
Original post by TeeEm
the polls are a bit of fun but it is for the student's benefit.
It will be interesting to see how these responses compare with the actual boundary

Indeed it will. I guess we'll find out come august

Posted from TSR Mobile
The paper was much better than I expected it to be
What about 90 UMS? What raw mark do you believe someone will need to take in order to achieve this mark.
Original post by Vesniep
What about 90 UMS? What raw mark do you believe someone will need to take in order to achieve this mark.

I'm guessing 69.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending