The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananabrain12345
I put about mass medication.

I said that people should get the choice , a bit like the fluroine thing on the specificaiton.
I thought the empirical formula was diving the relative atomic number with the amount needed? How is it Pb2O3?
Original post by kyou
it wasn't worth that many marks and they generally accept both

yyyyyeeeeaaaaa boooooiiiiiiiii !!!
Original post by Desouza123
What did u lot put for the last one about y idodine solution doesnt conduct electricity

No delocalise electrons because it is bonded covalently and so can carry no current with out free electrons
Original post by Terrydaktal
what did u guys put ? cryolite and ______ i put bauxite
what did u put for the improvement of the experiment?
what did u say for the dental braces? i said nitinol makes it stronger and is a memory alloy and can maintain its shape
what did up put for the difference in structure in an alloy and a metal - i said an alloy contains atoms of different metals so the layers are rough and cannot slide over eachother meaning that an alloy is stronger
what did u say for why a coin isn't pure copper - i said it would lose shape.

for the cryolite I put bauxite but it is aluminium oxide according to the revision guide
Original post by ruqayyah12334
I put aluminium oxide :frown:

So did I because before electrolysis aluminium oxide is separated from its ore "bauxite" so in electrolysis the solution is aluminium oxide
Original post by ellen199
for c3 was the volume of hydrochloric acid 60? it said total so wasn't to sure .. think it may of been 30 but was trying to confuse us haha

I think it was 55. 25 initially then add 30 as it was added in 5cm^3 intervals.
haha that was piss easy lads
Also, I put 'smart alloy' instead of 'memory alloy', on the question about the braces. Will I still gain a mark?
Original post by mimibrockstark
Also, I put 'smart alloy' instead of 'memory alloy', on the question about the braces. Will I still gain a mark?

I didn't put either I just said what it does
I revised, but the paper was bitty. I self marked at the end at I think I got 49/60
I thought the empirical formula was diving the relative atomic number with the amount needed? How is it Pb2O3?

Pb= 6.21g and O=0.72g
Pb's Ar= 207 and O's= 16
6.21/207=0.03 Moles
.72/16=0.045 Moles

0.03/0.03=1
0.045/0.03=1.5
So the ratio is 1:1.5
to get whole numbers, multiply both sides by 2 to get 2:3
so the formula is Pb2O3
Can someone tell me how they solved the empirical formula because I am confused on how my answer was different. C2.
Original post by isabelsummers
Pb= 6.21g and O=0.72g
Pb's Ar= 207 and O's= 16
6.21/207=0.03 Moles
.72/16=0.045 Moles

0.03/0.03=1
0.045/0.03=1.5
so the formula is Pb2O3

Thankyou so much! I got the first section correct, hopefully there was a few marks gained there :/
For improvements to the experiment i put stir it ?? Is that acceptable or?
What did you guys put for the C2 6 marker?

I put that the reason that experiment 7-10's temperature stayed the same was because the glass beaker wasn't insulated therefore the rate at which heat energy
was being lost was equal to the heat energy being produced.
To be honest I'm so happy that it looks like I got the empirical formula one right, as well as a few of the other difficult ones in C2. Really wasn't expecting to do as well as it looks like I did, since everyone at my school was so negative about C2 like it was some impossible paper or something.
Can someone tell me how they solved the empirical formula because I am confused on how my answer was different. C2.

Pb= 6.21g and O=0.72g
Pb's Ar= 207 and O's= 16
6.21/207=0.03 Moles
.72/16=0.045 Moles

0.03/0.03=1
0.045/0.03=1.5
so the formula is Pb2O3
What did everyone put for the soft water 6 marker?

I put CaCO3 in Method 2 must be removed....

but I made nonsense for the advantages, for example, I wrote limestone/CaCO3 can be collected (when this method is done on an industrial scale) and used for buildings preserving existing reserves of limestone.
What was your answer for the poly(ethene) question? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending