The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

is anyone making an unofficial mark scheme?
Locked for clean-up
Unlocked.
I wrote that adding iodine to food could cause health problems :frown:

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.
Reply 504
what did you put for the 2 fill in the gaps sentences talking about molecular mass and stuff..... I put grams and then hydrogen
Reply 505
Does anyone have any predictions for an A and an A* (grade boundaries) for C3?
Reply 506
what did you write for the five marker on C3 about titration and another method?
Where did I go wrong for the emperical formula; I got PbO3 btw not Pb203Ok so I divided firstly the mass of the lead by the ar i think it was 207 and got like 0.015Did the same for the oxygen and got like 0.045Then I didivided 0.015 by 0.015 and got 1Then I divided 0.045 by 0.015 and got 3Would I get any marks?Where did i go wrong??
Would they allow alumina for bauxite?
i was really satisfied with the 6 markers in unit 2+3 they were a whole lot better than the ones in biology for me
it's weird cause i normally find bio harder than chem but this was easier
think i got c grade which i'm super satisfied with cause i was getting d grades before the exam
what did people get for the question about disadvantages and advantages of the two methods (it was 5 marks)
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Where did I go wrong for the emperical formula; I got PbO3 btw not Pb203Ok so I divided firstly the mass of the lead by the ar i think it was 207 and got like 0.015Did the same for the oxygen and got like 0.045Then I didivided 0.015 by 0.015 and got 1Then I divided 0.045 by 0.015 and got 3Would I get any marks?Where did i go wrong??

I got 0.03 for the lead one after dividing by Ar so then if you divide 0.045 by that you get 1.5. So then the ratio would be 1:1.5 but you multiply everything by 2 so there's no decimals to get 2:3. I'm pretty sure you would get some marks for the right method though
Can someone make an unofficial mark scheme PLEASE
Reply 513
I put aluminium oxide instead of bauxite for the electrolysis question. Is that wrong?
Original post by txa98
what did you put for the 2 fill in the gaps sentences talking about molecular mass and stuff..... I put grams and then hydrogen

Grams and carbon 12
What did everyone tick for the things that need to stay constant in C2 at the beginning of the paper?

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.
I'm hoping the examiner will see my little scribble next to PbO as a 3 -.- I forgot to double the ratio fgs, hoping core will go smoothly so I can get into my college course.
So the fill the gap question was definitely carbon-12? i put hydrogen for some reason haha
Original post by Jules12345
where did you get 3 from?
Original post by Jules12345
where did you get 3 from?

I got the same and I'm so mad at myself
If you worked it out on the principle of 2, 8, 8, 8, 8 you get 3 outer shell electrons
I completely forgot that after the third orbital 8 is no longer the maximum
Aqa have a new policy...
Make the questions as badly worded and dodgy as possible rather than make questions harder.

Nothing on titration calculation or moles calculation but the last page of c3.... no words for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending