The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry 1C 14th May

What did everyone think?

Scroll to see replies

it was fine
A bit annoyed as I misread the six mark question and talked about gases instead of petrol
Preety good but silly mistakes will bring my marks low
Original post by yupppp89
What did everyone think?

It was okay but too many silly mistakes.
what about u?
Reply 5
Original post by mustibadri
It was okay but too many silly mistakes.
what about u?

I dunno, I know i made some really dumb mistakes but hopefully not to many
Original post by hhmerrony
A bit annoyed as I misread the six mark question and talked about gases instead of petrol

which question was that
Original post by matty1356
which question was that

the six marker where you had to compare the properties and uses of petrol and bitumen
Reply 8
Original post by hhmerrony
the six marker where you had to compare the properties and uses of petrol and bitumen

are you sure that was in the 1C paper and not the C1?
Reply 9
Wasnt it 3 marks?

Original post by yupppp89
are you sure that was in the 1C paper and not the C1?
What did everyone get for the last question on 1C?
Reply 11

Original post by JHorsnall
What did everyone get for the last question on 1C?
Original post by s.o

Yeah i got that
Reply 13
The bitumen question was a 3 marker
I made 3 silly mistakes on the test: I idiotically wrote down 12 instead of 120 by writing down the wrong; I wrote (1,1) dibromoethane instead of 1,2 and I wrote Mg2+ instead of O2- or whatever. Apart from that, I think I did alright. Also, what did you guys say a monomer was? I said it formed part of a polymer. I also drew a double bond on chloroethene question and a repeating unit for the question before.
(edited 8 years ago)
On the second last page was it low and low again?
On the second last page was it low and low again?

I believe it was low pressure (right hand side has more moles of gas, so system opposes the change and favours forward reaction)
and high temperature (forward reaction is endothermic, as denoted by the positive enthalpy change)
What order did you put simple molecular giant covalent giant metallic and giant ionic?
Reply 18
Original post by Foreboding
I believe it was low pressure (right hand side has more moles of gas, so system opposes the change and favours forward reaction)
and high temperature (forward reaction is endothermic, as denoted by the positive enthalpy change)

yes i got that
What order did you put simple molecular giant covalent giant metallic and giant ionic?

First was simple molecular
Second was Giant covalent
Third was Giant metallic
Fourth was Giant ionic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending