The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheTruthTeller
What did you guys put for the silver nitrate question in c2 - the 1 marker.

Wasn't it silver nitrate and sodium carbonate or something, can't remember...
Reply 581
Original post by Nomes24
I got 4620 J or something like that :smile: what about you?

Wasn't sure if total temperature rise was 20 degrees or 14 degrees but went with 20.. oh well. ECF marks anyway.

I used the 14 degrees and got 3234 but I wasn't sure if it was 20 degrees either? :/
Reply 582
Original post by huzza
guys what did you put for which halogen is needed to make chlorine from sodium chloride...... i think that was the question

I put fluorine! I have no idea about it 😕
Original post by swbk
What did you guys get for the overall temperature change? I got 14 but some people are saying 20:/...

i got 14, don't know how they got 20
Original post by rumana101
what did everyone get for the flame tests on c3

Yellow one is sodium
Original post by huzza
guys what did you put for which halogen is needed to make chlorine from sodium chloride...... i think that was the question

i put fluorine its the only one more reactive then chlorine so will displace it I think
Reply 586
it already said alcoholic drinks in the question you had to name two other uses

whoops
what did everyone get for the flame tests on c3

Lithium iodide I think?

Iron (II) bromide

Iron (III) sulfate

or something like that, can't remember exact combination.
Original post by Nomes24
I got 4620 J or something like that :smile: what about you?

Wasn't sure if total temperature rise was 20 degrees or 14 degrees but went with 20.. oh well. ECF marks anyway.

I put 4620 J initially but then I changed 20 to 14 because I thought the overall temperature change is essentially the overall energy change.

Does this link support or oppose me?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=overall+energy+change&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=o49UVfmOLee67ga2z4KwAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#imgrc=i1zDF8wvm9kevM%253A%3B4HCOyaQ3CqTBKM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252Fthumb%252F4%252F45%252FEndergonic_Reaction.svg%252F220px-Endergonic_Reaction.svg.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FEndergonic_reaction%3B220%3B135
Original post by AvKar
I put fluorine! I have no idea about it 😕

yes it is fluorine, because a more reactive halogen displaces a less reactive halogen from an aqueous solution
Reply 590
Original post by RotomGuy
14. Where the heck did people get 20 from?

I put 20 bc I did max as 38 - min as 18??
Original post by hld123
I used the 14 degrees and got 3234 but I wasn't sure if it was 20 degrees either? :/

Yeah same I put both but chose the 20 degree one to put in the answer box.
Original post by AvKar
I put 20 bc I did max as 38 - min as 18??

But it decreased after. I believe it meant the temperature change across the whole reaction.
What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide

I put both but then chose 20 because it was asking for how much energy was released and if it did go up to 38 it would have released the energy that corresponds to a 20 degree temperature rise when it got there, so...
Reply 596
i got 14, don't know how they got 20

Ikr? What did you get for the calculation then below it?
Original post by Nomes24
Lithium iodide I think?

Iron (II) bromide

Iron (III) sulfate

or something like that, can't remember exact combination.

how is the first one lithium there was no red flame
Reply 598
Original post by Jellie<3
What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide

that is correct
Reply 599
Original post by RotomGuy
But it decreased after. I believe it meant the temperature change across the whole reaction.

ohhhh igy, I guess that's one mark down the drain.... do they do ECF? I sure hope so :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending