The Student Room Group

wjec c1 maths 13th may

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
can someone help me?

For question 7b I did everything right apart from plugging my y values back in to find x values. How many marks will I get?

Also, for the inequalities I used quadratic formula
I divided the 6 by 2 but not the 4 root 2. I did the graph and everything. Any idea how many marks i'll lose?
Original post by Mr rump
On the writing booklet it says to rule a line after each question, I forgot to do this? Will this matter?

I don't think anyone does that XD
Original post by andyt345
can someone help me?

For question 7b I did everything right apart from plugging my y values back in to find x values. How many marks will I get?

Also, for the inequalities I used quadratic formula
I divided the 6 by 2 but not the 4 root 2. I did the graph and everything. Any idea how many marks i'll lose?

7b was differentiation if I recall correctly?
Probably just lose one mark. And using the quadratic formula is fine.
how many marks do you think will be lost for not finding the negative value in 4)b)
Original post by VeepFan
how many marks do you think will be lost for not finding the negative value in 4)b)

Again probably one. Shouldn't you have been used to taking both the positive and negative square roots by now?
Original post by PrimeLime
Again probably one. Shouldn't you have been used to taking both the positive and negative square roots by now?

yeah i just forgot about it, i only really figured out what to do at all with 5 mins left
what about not finding L at the end, only finding X and minimum?
Original post by VeepFan

Just one mark. It's very easy to forget to do that so I'm sure a lot of people did what you did as well!
Original post by VeepFan

Just one mark. It's very easy to forget to do that so I'm sure a lot of people did what you did as well!
Original post by ihateexam
anyone knows the correct answer?

answer was 0.5 i got it solved by my teacher and some other teachers too.pretty sure
I got the same. How did you prove that it was a minimum? I took the second derivative and it gave a positive value which gave me a minimum... I think?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the equation for x, but didn't have the time to factorise it to 80m/40m... I've just figured it out now using the formula, I'm so pissed at myself haha oh well what can you do
Reply 232
Original post by DanElwyn98
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the equation for x, but didn't have the time to factorise it to 80m/40m... I've just figured it out now using the formula, I'm so pissed at myself haha oh well what can you do

look at the nearest object to you
Grab it and take a bite out of it!
Quite normal...
A knife? I don't think so haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the last question, i got x = 4, i differentiated correctly but when i got to x^2=1600, i wrote x = 4 for some reason. Hence, how many marks would i lose? I showed when x = 4, there's a minimum (i.e. d^2L/dx^2 >0). So i got the value L wrong and x wrong... And how many marks was the last part of the last question worth? fmlfmlfmlfmflmflfmlfmlfmlfmflmflmflfml, according to the last part of the may 2013 c1 paper, i should lose only 2 marks?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Firestartc
For the last question, i got x = 4, i differentiated correctly but when i got to x^2=1600, i wrote x = 4 for some reason. Hence, how many marks would i lose? I showed when x = 4, there's a minimum (i.e. d^2L/dx^2 >0). So i got the value L wrong and x wrong... And how many marks was the last part of the last question worth? fmlfmlfmlfmflmflfmlfmlfmlfmflmflmflfml, according to the last part of the may 2013 c1 paper, i should lose only 2 marks?

ECF so if you're very lucky one mark but probably two.
Original post by PrimeLime
ECF so if you're very lucky one mark but probably two.

Do you remember how many marks the last part was worth?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BDGarson13
I got the same. How did you prove that it was a minimum? I took the second derivative and it gave a positive value which gave me a minimum... I think?

Yep that's how you do it. :smile:
Original post by BDGarson13

That's what I did, I didn't show it as 1/20 though, I just said if you put 40 into the equation you get a positive value so therefore it's a minimum. Will I still get full marks?
Original post by Firestartc
Do you remember how many marks the last part was worth?

(a) 2 marks
(b) 5 marks

So less than usual purely because you did not need to find the 'coordinates' of the stationary points and you could discard the x=-40 solution (which I almost forgot to do!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending