The Student Room Group

AQA AS German exam 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 20Emily1998
I know! I'm hoping for a low grade boundary for an A :s-smilie:

I never expect grade boundaries for german to be low because majority of the students are all Native germans and sometimes it annoys me because I have to compete with their level of natural German. But it's okay - anyone can do the subjects they want to do but what annoys me is the fact that examiners don't appreciate that there people in this country who are learning a new language and it is hard for them..
How did everyone find the music filling in the verb reading question 2, I found it really hard!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL! I cried for that one, I had no clue what I was writing, first one is deffo Gehort though.. well that's what my teacher said after the exams.
Original post by Yannisali1
I never expect grade boundaries for german to be low because majority of the students are all Native germans and sometimes it annoys me because I have to compete with their level of natural German. But it's okay - anyone can do the subjects they want to do but what annoys me is the fact that examiners don't appreciate that there people in this country who are learning a new language and it is hard for them..

Where'd you get that figure from? I highly doubt the majority are native speakers

Exactly!! And it's nearly always 93 for an A so that means we can really afford to lose many marks on the L and R, in order to get a an A ( Im awful at writing essays!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I hated the gap fill for music! ! Can anyone remember what they put?
LOL! I cried for that one, I had no clue what I was writing, first one is deffo Gehort though.. well that's what my teacher said after the exams.

Oh dear, got that wrong then!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isabel29
I hated the gap fill for music! ! Can anyone remember what they put?

It was awful!! I put freuen for the 2nd to last one and komponiren for the last one

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was awful!! I put freuen for the 2nd to last one and komponiren for the last one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think freuen was the last one, as the sentence had 'sich' in it and to me it seemed like it was 'they would look forward to music lessons more' or something. I could be wrong though
Original post by midgemeister7
Think freuen was the last one, as the sentence had 'sich' in it and to me it seemed like it was 'they would look forward to music lessons more' or something. I could be wrong though

Thats what i put :biggrin:

I put gehoerte (or whatever it was) for the first one
geschuetzen for the second (i think)
zahlen for the one about taxes or whatever and I can't remember the rest
Anyone remember what they put for Sven and muhsin question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Swiftie
Thats what i put :biggrin:

I put gehoerte (or whatever it was) for the first one
geschuetzen for the second (i think)
zahlen for the one about taxes or whatever and I can't remember the rest

Yeah I got all of those as well. I put sammelt for the second last one but that seems wrong to me - not sure. I put 'verkaufen' in the bit just before 'veroffentlicht' and also herenterladen in there somewhere.
I put freuen for the last one too, and gehört for the first one. Does anyone remember what they wrote on the grammar section for the question on 'einladen' and the 'müssen' one?
Original post by Clytemnestra
I put freuen for the last one too, and gehört for the first one. Does anyone remember what they wrote on the grammar section for the question on 'einladen' and the 'müssen' one?

einlade and muss I think I put

edit: einlade defo wrong
Original post by Clytemnestra

Muss and possibly einlädt but can't really remember that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone remember what they put for Sven and muhsin question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sven for the 3rd one about how he doesn't like market labels and about people not dressing for their age.
Muhsin I wrote his name 3 times..for the one about the colours and mood, the last one about quality clothes lasting long and another one about not spending too much money.
Original post by midgemeister7
Yeah I got all of those as well. I put sammelt for the second last one but that seems wrong to me - not sure. I put 'verkaufen' in the bit just before 'veroffentlicht' and also herenterladen in there somewhere.

yeah I used herunterladen and sammelt. But I think I put sammelt before veroffentlicht because veroffentlicht is a verb and it ends with a t so I assumed it couldn't be an infinitive/plural verb and sammelt ended with a t as well so I thought they could refer to the same noun. Idk if i'm right though.
Original post by Dr. Swiftie
yeah I used herunterladen and sammelt. But I think I put sammelt before veroffentlicht because veroffentlicht is a verb and it ends with a t so I assumed it couldn't be an infinitive/plural verb and sammelt ended with a t as well so I thought they could refer to the same noun. Idk if i'm right though.

Thinking back I think it was either veroffentlichen or verkaufen rather than a -t for one of them. I doubt I'd have put verkaufen next to veroffentlicht as that makes no sense. Having said that sammeln and veroffentlichen make more sense together regardless of grammar so you're probably right there.
(edited 8 years ago)
All in all it was a good paper with nice essay questions. But for some reason I spent far too much time on the reading -.-
Reply 38
Did anyone do the Friendship essay? I don't think mine went too well, I found it difficult to include sophisticated vocabulary and half way through I wished I had chosen Werbung but had no time to restart:-( I'm hoping I did really well in the other sections to make up for a bad essay now, because my points were mainly quite underdeveloped and just generally weak.
Reply 39
Can anyone remember anything they put for the grammar section?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending