Reply 1
Original post by theD0N
So how did everyone find the exam? C2 and C3 :smile:

Thought C2 was okay but found C3 really hard
Reply 2
Original post by spnlove
Thought C2 was okay but found C3 really hard

for me it was the opposite :colondollar:
I thought C2 was definitely easier than C3 but both were okay. Messed up on the last question though about the energy change.

Apparently you had to add 25cm to the 30cm on the graph (since 25cm of sodium hydroxide was already added).

Does anyone know if I will lose 1 mark or get full marks in calculating the energy change? I got the correct temp change and put everything into the equation properly. But since I didn't get the correct mass(which I already lost the mark for), will I still lose a mark?

Also what was the answer for why does increasing the volume not affect the temperature?
I found C3 so easy and C2 was a breeze...aiming for 100 UMS in both. omg so easy #raisinggradeboundries
Reply 5
Omg i revised everything but those one markers just wouldn't come to me! I found myself kind if repeating some answers a lot, so they're probably all wrong, I'm really annoyed! I stressed so much that i started forgetting half the things i learnt, i don't think it was a good idea to sleep for only 3 hours and drink an energy drink before the exam :frown: what did you guys get for the emprical formula question? I got PbO4
Original post by rhadawey
Omg i revised everything but those one markers just wouldn't come to me! I found myself kind if repeating some answers a lot, so they're probably all wrong, I'm really annoyed! I stressed so much that i started forgetting half the things i learnt, i don't think it was a good idea to sleep for only 3 hours and drink an energy drink before the exam :frown: what did you guys get for the emprical formula question? I got PbO4

I got Pb2O3 I think :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by rhadawey

Omg i felt the same way like some of the one markers I know I'd looked at but then I just couldn't remember what they were! And I got Pb2O3 for the emperical formula one
Excuse me..why would you drink an energy drink right before? Have you not learnt about the high glucose concentration that they contain? im not sure its fair on your pancreas.
Reply 9
Original post by littleheron
I thought C2 was definitely easier than C3 but both were okay. Messed up on the last question though about the energy change.

Apparently you had to add 25cm to the 30cm on the graph (since 25cm of sodium hydroxide was already added).

Does anyone know if I will lose 1 mark or get full marks in calculating the energy change? I got the correct temp change and put everything into the equation properly. But since I didn't get the correct mass(which I already lost the mark for), will I still lose a mark?

Also what was the answer for why does increasing the volume not affect the temperature?

No, you will get full marks as they usually allow error carried forwards :smile:
I noticed the error, so changed it to 55cm3, but was dumb and didn't change the equation :P Oh well :smile:
Original post by 50ph1a
No, you will get full marks as they usually allow error carried forwards :smile:
I noticed the error, so changed it to 55cm3, but was dumb and didn't change the equation :P Oh well :smile:

That's good to know :smile: What did you put for the question afterwards about why volume won't affect the results?
Reply 11
That's good to know :smile: What did you put for the question afterwards about why volume won't affect the results?

Volume of what again? Sorry
Reply 12
Original post by janeaqa12345
Excuse me..why would you drink an energy drink right before? Have you not learnt about the high glucose concentration that they contain? im not sure its fair on your pancreas.

I'll be fine, I don't drink energy drinks regularly... Maximum 3 cans a month if any :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by spnlove
Omg i felt the same way like some of the one markers I know I'd looked at but then I just couldn't remember what they were! And I got Pb2O3 for the emperical formula one

Oh god, how did I get my answer? lmao Well that's my A* gone!
Reply 14
I got Pb2O3 I think :frown:

:frown:
Reply 15
it is Pb2O3 sorry dude! Because The Pb is 0.03 after you divide it and the O = 0.045 and because you have to have a whole number for a empirical formula it = Pb2O3, I may be wrong though so dont flame if I am
Reply 16
Original post by jg12323
it is Pb2O3 sorry dude! Because The Pb is 0.03 after you divide it and the O = 0.045 and because you have to have a whole number for a empirical formula it = Pb2O3, I may be wrong though so dont flame if I am

Yeah it is, I just worked it out using my old method and it's Pb2O3. It's my fault, I decided to use a new method the day before (the myGCSEscience guy's method) because it seemed simpler. I should have stuck with what I already knew :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending