The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swbk
Low hopefully, those exams felt much harder than previous years

yeah they were c3 was harder than last years. last years was so easy, thus the boundaries were 48-A*
Reply 621
Original post by swbk
Low hopefully, those exams felt much harder than previous years

The questions were worded pretty badly too (like bio I felt) so hopefully they will be low
Original post by Palette
C2 was easier, C3 was harder.

I think it was same for Biology: B2 easier, B3 harder.

I think it's a new trend this year for AQA to balance an easier paper with a harder paper.

I agree about C2 and C3 but for me I found B3 quite easy and B2 much harder xD
Original post by Nomes24
grade boundary predictions anyone?

I think that they were easier than last year so
Unit 2 maybe 48 for an A*
Unit 3 maybe 49 for an A* ???:confused:
Original post by Speedyguy
for method 1 in c3 I mentioned a disadvantage was that you would not get an exact yield therefore results were not accurate

That's what I put too.
Original post by harryleavey

Interesting, I found C2 easier and C3 slightly harder but everyone I've spoken to seems to have found C2/3 harder. So lower grade boundaries.

Remember for every genius who gets 100 UMS there are dumb people who shouldn't have been doing Triple Science who pull the marks down and almost restore the boundaries to equilibrium.
People found C3 hard? I thought it was really easy, and C2 was the hard one.
Original post by Nomes24
Interesting, I found C2 easier and C3 slightly harder but everyone I've spoken to seems to have found C2/3 harder. So lower grade boundaries.

Oh, ok I found unit 3 easier. But there will only be triple students: hence the higher grade boundary
:colone:
Original post by Nomes24
I agree about C2 and C3 but for me I found B3 quite easy and B2 much harder xD

To be honest all the fuss about B2 was on a few questions (ratio question, magnification question, the six marker).
Original post by Palette
Remember for every genius who gets 100 UMS there are dumb people who shouldn't have been doing Triple Science who pull the marks down and almost restore the boundaries to equilibrium.

Unit 3 boundaries are usually higher though.
Reply 631
What did you write for those to gap fill questions before the oxygen isotope question? Also what did you write in the 5 marker about the advatanges of methods 1 and 2 and the 6 marker about ion resin exchange and sodium carbonate?
Oh, ok I found unit 3 easier. But there will only be triple students: hence the higher grade boundary
:colone:

Suppose so but traditionally unit 3 has low grade boundaries in all science, even if only the triple people do it...
Original post by Palette
To be honest all the fuss about B2 was on a few questions (ratio question, magnification question, the six marker).

Agree but also I think bile threw a lot of people off as it's not spoken about much in the book. Did you ever come to a decision over the ratio? I got 400 magnification and 3:1 ratio.
Unit 2 around 46/47
Unit 3 around 48
Unit 3 boundaries are usually higher though.

I mean out of those people who do Unit 3, and comparing Unit 3 papers with other Unit 3 papers.

The reason why I wrote 'almost' was because 'dumb' is a relative term so the 'dumb' people doing Unit 3 don't counteract the upward change caused by the clever people as much as they should be for reasons which I'll not be posting here.
Original post by Nomes24
Suppose so but traditionally unit 3 has low grade boundaries in all science, even if only the triple people do it...

not really, unit 3 is for more able candidates so the boundaries are generally higher
Original post by Nomes24
shoot I always get lithium and sodium confused, nm.

Yeh same 😂😔
Original post by Nomes24
grams

I had no idea so I just put moles...
Reply 639
Someone please do a mark scheme for the 5 and 6 markers...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending