The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

what did everyone put for the c2 fill in the blanks sentence things?
For the Q=mct question; do you think I will get some marks if I used my answers from the part before but they were wrong?!
Overall I though C2 was ok but C3 was hard - my friends all thought they were both easy. I made some stupid mistakes that I am kicking myself for xD

I was really aiming for an A but with my performance on C3 I think that is out the window - I might just have to try and get as high marks as possible on C1 to pull up my grade

How did you guys find it?
Original post by Nomes24
Agree but also I think bile threw a lot of people off as it's not spoken about much in the book. Did you ever come to a decision over the ratio? I got 400 magnification and 3:1 ratio.

I got bile question wrong... for pH decrease I wrote bile neutralises the milk (since milk is slightly acidic) instead of writing bile neutralises fatty acids.

I got 400 magnification too.

705+224= 929.

705/929= 0.7588--> 0.76
224/929= 0.2411---> 0.24

0.76:0.24= 19:6

I think I was the only person in the entire country to get that answer. There'll be a wide margin of error (whatever you call it) due to rounding issues.
Original post by Positivedani
For the Q=mct question; do you think I will get some marks if I used my answers from the part before but they were wrong?!

Yeah - I'm hoping so because that is what I did. Usually you get ECF (error carried forward) marks so hopefully we will get at least 1 mark for that question.
Original post by rumana101
not really, unit 3 is for more able candidates so the boundaries are generally higher

It's supposed to be, I guess boundaries are higher than the other units but they're not exactly high.... quite often can lose between 12 and 20 marks- that's not high imo!
What did everyone put for the ions test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I'm predicted an a* but I can't see that happening after today, found the 5 marker.... Odd.. On c3 and felt I made a couple of silly errors on both.
but what can you do guess.
yo
Unofficial mark scheme??
Original post by Palette
I got bile question wrong... for pH decrease I wrote bile neutralises the milk (since milk is slightly acidic) instead of writing bile neutralises fatty acids.

I got 400 magnification too.

705+224= 929.

705/929= 0.7588--> 0.76
224/929= 0.2411---> 0.24

0.76:0.24= 19:6

I think I was the only person in the entire country to get that answer. There'll be a wide margin of error (whatever you call it) due to rounding issues.

I think I rambled on about something to neutralisation but then realised the pH was actually getting lower whereas if it was neutralising it, it would get higher. So i said pH got lower because fatty acids were produced and they are acidic... I don't even know haha!

Wow didn't think about doing that- just put 705 and 224 in a fraction which didn't simplify so got confused and rounded to 3:1. 19:6 sounds good and i suppose 3:1 is close to the simplified ratio of that, if it had been 18:6..
what did everyone get for the first question on c2 about reaction rates
well I think I flopped :frown:
I mean some questions were alright to answer but the rest I just my mind went all blank and don't even get me stated on C2! But hopefully the grade boundaries are low this year
Original post by Hannzz98
What did everyone put for the ions test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Iron (II) Sulphate
Sodium Iodide
Iron (III) Bromide
Original post by Bubblebex1
So did I because before electrolysis aluminium oxide is separated from its ore "bauxite" so in electrolysis the solution is aluminium oxide

you may not get a mark for that either, i think they wanted "alumina"
I put iron2+ sulfate

Sodium+chloride-

FE3++H2SO43-
Original post by souless_lol
well I think I flopped :frown:
I mean some questions were alright to answer but the rest I just my mind went all blank and don't even get me stated on C2! But hopefully the grade boundaries are low this year

I think the denizens of TSR are generally of the upper ability, so as I said before, equilibrium should be nearly reached by the counteracting effect of the lower ability people on the grade boundaries.
Original post by bananabrain12345
for the cryolite I put bauxite but it is aluminium oxide according to the revision guide

some say bauxite some say aluminium oxide some say alumina , they could allow all
for the first question on c3 were they asking for the actual names of the elements of the symbols?
I am hoping for 1 mark on that question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending