The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

For the ions question did we have to put the actual ion symbol eg fe2+ or could we write iron
Original post by Amy Hickman
For improvements to the experiment i put stir it ?? Is that acceptable or?

:c yep thats 2/2
although if you stir none it is still a fair comparison between concentrations
Elements
Original post by Terrydaktal
some say bauxite some say aluminium oxide some say alumina , they could allow all

Wikipedia says aluminium oxide (alumina) in molten cryolite, but I think people are taught to remember that name the ore of aluminium is bauxite, so yes, they'll accept all three, otherwise I'll make them accept all three :biggrin:
How did you guys find the exams today ?????
Original post by RotomGuy
Iron (II) Sulphate
Sodium Iodide
Iron (III) Bromide

I think I got that! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys know if there's a thread for next weeks physics exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nomes24
I think I rambled on about something to neutralisation but then realised the pH was actually getting lower whereas if it was neutralising it, it would get higher. So i said pH got lower because fatty acids were produced and they are acidic... I don't even know haha!

Wow didn't think about doing that- just put 705 and 224 in a fraction which didn't simplify so got confused and rounded to 3:1. 19:6 sounds good and i suppose 3:1 is close to the simplified ratio of that, if it had been 18:6..

They'll have to accept both 3.14:1 and 3:1 as the ambiguity between theoretical and actual results is their fault.
Original post by Maths4ever!
Elements

yeah but could you put K-for potassium etc
Bonding between sodium and chloride ? Did anyone write that sodium gives an electron to chlorine so it has a positive charge and chlorine gains it and becomes negative both have a full outer she'll?
what the hell was that C3 five marker
Original post by JG12333
For the ions question did we have to put the actual ion symbol eg fe2+ or could we write iron

I think you would have to write iron (|||) or (||)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamesosborne
Bonding between sodium and chloride ? Did anyone write that sodium gives an electron to chlorine so it has a positive charge and chlorine gains it and becomes negative both have a full outer she'll?

yeah perfect answer
Original post by Jamesosborne

yeah never put the full outer shell bit, I talked about electrostatic attraction/:
Original post by rumana101
yeah but could you put K-for potassium etc

don't see why not, usually the mark scheme says allow this.
Original post by Nomes24
don't see why not, usually the mark scheme says allow this.

i hope so): if not I've just lost 5 marks!!!
did you guys get PB2O3
Original post by rumana101
i hope so): if not I've just lost 5 marks!!!

I think it would be very harsh if they didn't let you have that!
Original post by LauraAdrianna
did you guys get PB2O3

yeah thats the right answer
Original post by LauraAdrianna
did you guys get PB2O3

Yes. But not everyone here's a guy (although I am).

Quick Reply

Latest