The Student Room Group

Will i be able to achieve a 2:1, or a 1st?

Basically, i have screwed up my second year university i have been having personal issues which have affected me leading to me not being able to concentrate or to complete my work properly. I have so far for my second year have to resubmit four assignments due to late submission and not hitting the pass criteria. I have got to a point where i have started to receive some kind of support for the problems, however i am upset and worried that the ways things are going for me by the time i hit graduation i will not hit my goal of a 2:1 or 1st classification. Just wanted to ask if i managed to hit 2:1 or 1st in my 2 essays and remaining exam for this year. and carry on progressing through 3rd year with a 2.1 or 1.st would their be any chances of hitting my goals. Also, has anybody has a personal experience where during their end of second year they managed to work hard and obtain their goal.

Thank You
Original post by Sadz456
Basically, i have screwed up my second year university i have been having personal issues which have affected me leading to me not being able to concentrate or to complete my work properly. I have so far for my second year have to resubmit four assignments due to late submission and not hitting the pass criteria. I have got to a point where i have started to receive some kind of support for the problems, however i am upset and worried that the ways things are going for me by the time i hit graduation i will not hit my goal of a 2:1 or 1st classification. Just wanted to ask if i managed to hit 2:1 or 1st in my 2 essays and remaining exam for this year. and carry on progressing through 3rd year with a 2.1 or 1.st would their be any chances of hitting my goals. Also, has anybody has a personal experience where during their end of second year they managed to work hard and obtain their goal.

Thank You

what are you studying?
Reply 2
Original post by lilibet01
what are you studying?

I'd say nursing since thats where she/he posted it.
Original post by Nottie
I'd say nursing since thats where she/he posted it.

just thought I'd check, because if I had failed 4 essays in one year I'd be off my nursing course. It's an NMC requirement that you pass 60 credits at first attempt. The poster may be writing more essays for lower credits hence being able to continue, or s/he has mistakenly posted in the nursing section.
I'm not sure nursing degrees result in first and seconds. We were always led to believe that it was pass/fail.
Original post by upagumtree
I'm not sure nursing degrees result in first and seconds. We were always led to believe that it was pass/fail.

only placements are pass/fail. It's a BSc Hons so therefore awarded 1sts to Thirds.
Reply 6
It all depends on how everything is weighted towards your final classification. For example, first year doesn't count towards it, second year is worth a third and third year is two thirds. There's lots of factors that will affect your module grades and that. For the modules your essays are for, if they are solely based off the essay, i'd assume a resubmission would be capped at 40% and would be classed as just a pass? Then again, if there are other pieces connected to the module grade then one essay capped at 40% wouldn't have such an effect on your overall module grade.

I think you just have to work your hardest on what ever work you have left as well as working through your personal problems. Try not to get too stressed out over what you may or may not achieve. It's always possible to bump up your classification :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending