The Student Room Group

Ccea m1 as 2015

How did everyone it? In general I don't think it was much harder than other year's, but Q6 was a killer.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jordan\
How did everyone it? In general I don't think it was much harder than other year's, but Q6 was a killer.

I found the paper OK but I completely screwed the pulley question up. What time did you get for the trains meeting each other
Original post by Golden hawk
I found the paper OK but I completely screwed the pulley question up. What time did you get for the trains meeting each other

I got 1000s, but I know that's wrong. The answer was 400s! What did you get?

The pulley question was dreadful because of all of the unknowns. :confused:
I got 400s so thank god for that, but I'm pretty sure I lost a load of marks on the pulley question, what did you get for the displacement of particle p to be when a equals 10 and also what did you get force x to be equally for the final question.
I got 400s so thank god for that, but I'm pretty sure I lost a load of marks on the pulley question, what did you get for the displacement of particle p to be when a equals 10 and also what did you get force x to be equally for the final question.

The displacement was 3m, I think.. and X = 81.4N or something like that, I'm just going off of the top of my head! What did you get for them?
I got the exact same, what was the force diagram for the particle against the wall.

It was just simple drawing on the forces with the weight, and a reaction force from the wall where the particle was resting on it!
(edited 8 years ago)
was the reaction horizontal from the wall
was the reaction horizontal from the wall

Yeah, as it wasn't hinged or anything.
did the tension oppose motion on the pulley? or did it help
Also how many marks was the pulley question worth
Reply 10
Are M1,C1 and C2 split evenly to make up our over all grade? like whats the worst i could do in all of them and still get an A?
did the tension oppose motion on the pulley? or did it help

There was tension going each way; away from the pulley and into the pull, but when considering the pulley on it's own you only considered the tensions the 'came out' of the pulley.

I can't remember how much it was for, no more the 10 marks I don't think.
Original post by Itsmeey
Are M1,C1 and C2 split evenly to make up our over all grade? like whats the worst i could do in all of them and still get an A?

Yeah all those modules are split evenly, you need 240 ums out of 300 ums for a grade A but I have no idea what the raw mark grade boundaries are
Reply 13
so is that like 80% when make them all out of 33.3333% and add them up?
Did everyone get the momentum to be 3.8 and impulse to be 7.2ms

also so for question two, s(height)=20.4m and it took 2.04 secs for ball the reach greatest height
Yeah I got those as well! What did everyone get for the total distance travelled, i think i got 24.9
Reply 16
I was repeating M1. I was really disappointed with it because I love M1 and I found this paper quite difficult. The first few questions were a breeze though.

Here are the answers I got (I imagine quite a few of these are wrong)
1)i) 3.8ms^-1
1)ii) 7.2Ns (Iffy about this)
2)i) 20.4m
2)ii) 2.04s
2)iii) 24.9m
3)ii) 78.3N
3)iii) 27.8N
4)ii) 500s (I was convinced I was right until I started reading this thread)
4)ii) 592s
5)i) 20ms^-1
5)ii) 3m
6)ii) (F+20m)/m (This question killed me)
6)iii) -3F-30m
6)iv) F=-50m (Let's not even discuss how wrong I think I am here)
7)ii) 45.9N
7)iii) 67.6N
8)ii) 72.6N (No one in my class got the same answer for this question and I have never liked inclined planes)

Now I am going to go cry in a corner. I really want an A in Maths and I was really confident that I might because C3 went so well for me yesterday (I think I managed 72/75 in it), but I can't even guess what I got in M1.
Also resultant force at pulley question was 4 marks, I totally messed it up too
Original post by NekoJyo
I was repeating M1. I was really disappointed with it because I love M1 and I found this paper quite difficult. The first few questions were a breeze though.

Here are the answers I got (I imagine quite a few of these are wrong)
1)i) 3.8ms^-1
1)ii) 7.2Ns (Iffy about this)
2)i) 20.4m
2)ii) 2.04s
2)iii) 24.9m
3)ii) 78.3N
3)iii) 27.8N
4)ii) 500s (I was convinced I was right until I started reading this thread)
4)ii) 592s
5)i) 20ms^-1
5)ii) 3m
6)ii) (F+20m)/m (This question killed me)
6)iii) -3F-30m
6)iv) F=-50m (Let's not even discuss how wrong I think I am here)
7)ii) 45.9N
7)iii) 67.6N
8)ii) 72.6N (No one in my class got the same answer for this question and I have never liked inclined planes)

Now I am going to go cry in a corner. I really want an A in Maths and I was really confident that I might because C3 went so well for me yesterday (I think I managed 72/75 in it), but I can't even guess what I got in M1.

For question 3 I got the tension was 118 N and the reaction from the wall was 24.3 N and for question 8 I got that force X was 81.4 N. For question 7 I remember using trigonometry to get an angle and then taking moments about A to find the reaction at C and then to find the reaction at A you took the weight of the ladder and you took it away from the vertical component of the reaction at C. I don't remember what I got for this question and the two trains definitely met at 400s. Can someone confirm if my methods or answers are correct
Yeah, I got all he same (y)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending