The Student Room Group

What do you think will be your hardest exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloe-jessica
Either Spanish (there's just so much to learn) or Physics Unit 1 (there is also lots to learn). Doesn't help that these two are both on the same day, along with Econ Unit 2, though that should be okay. FP1 tomorrow could either go really well or really badly too.

Good luck. I found P1 significantly easier as the mathematics in P2 is just misleading and there are too many options but only one is correct. Whilst the maths in P1 is pretty easy, especially the calculations around photo-electrons.
Original post by cerlohee
Biology unit 5 and C4, both with edexcel. There's always one C4 question that I completely mess up, and the pre release will be the death of me :redface:

yeah no doubt chem 5 and c4 for me too and that edexcel too:coma::coma:
Philosophy, then history next I think.
Reply 63
AQA A2 PHIL3. 2 hour exam (two 50-mark essays) requiring some detailed knowledge, and with many different angles of approach for the essays.
Politics Unit 2

That 40 mark essay :frown:( not looking forward to it
Reply 65
Its either aqa biol4 (last time a got a U. I panicked and didnt read the questions) or OCR geography global issues just because there are 2 30mark questions
It was paper 1 of Geography (AQA). so many case studies oh good god, I thought GCSE was bad but on this one we had to know both human & physical case studies. I can tell you the fertility rates in Zambia, Uganda, the Gambia, Romania, Thailand, UK, France, I can tell you how many people die annually from smoking and the price of cigarettes in Mauritius, I can tell you how tall High Force waterfall in Yorkshire is and how for long its gorge extends, the value of houses in Happisburgh and the length of waves' fetch, the sea defences in Sandsend, the causes and consequences of the 2010 Pakistan floods, how many first-generation migrants live in California, the population density of Western Finland. On top of that I can also tell you some... proper geography?

make the case studies stop
Original post by desmoulins
It was paper 1 of Geography (AQA). so many case studies oh good god, I thought GCSE was bad but on this one we had to know both human & physical case studies. I can tell you the fertility rates in Zambia, Uganda, the Gambia, Romania, Thailand, UK, France, I can tell you how many people die annually from smoking and the price of cigarettes in Mauritius, I can tell you how tall High Force waterfall in Yorkshire is and how for long its gorge extends, the value of houses in Happisburgh and the length of waves' fetch, the sea defences in Sandsend, the causes and consequences of the 2010 Pakistan floods, how many first-generation migrants live in California, the population density of Western Finland. On top of that I can also tell you some... proper geography?

make the case studies stop

Haha I'm doing geography edexcel but I know what you mean! We had to learn over 100 case studies for units 1 & 2 combined!
STEP, and also M3. The M3 exam lived up to my expectations; I'm hoping that the STEP exams go a lot better.
Biology unit 2 :frown: thinking of it is terrifying me D:
S1 too, but with a bit more practice I should be alright :h:
Biology Unit 5 OCR.
It's the first time I didn't understand the stuff as I was taught it so I pretty much have to start from scratch, but because it's so boring I always put other revisions first :frown:

Original post by (Tom)
Hey, just had a look and there are loads of really good notes and mindmaps for AQA research methods on the student room here. (they're free) Hope that helps you get going - good luck!

Here's a screenshot of a mindmap on structured interviews to give you an idea of what they're like:

structuredinterviews.JPG

These are really helpful, thanks!
Mechanics 1. mostly because I havent revised and havent paid attention all year... here I am aiming for a high A.... bit ambitious perhaps
Either Spanish (there's just so much to learn) or Physics Unit 1 (there is also lots to learn). Doesn't help that these two are both on the same day, along with Econ Unit 2, though that should be okay. FP1 tomorrow could either go really well or really badly too.

what exam board are you for Span?
Original post by Dinaa
Edexcel Biology unit 1&2
C2 Maths

Spoiler

same tbh
My last exam before second year, which is all about: ideology, sociology, marxism, human rights, colonialism, political discourse... Need I say anymore! Bricking it :sad:
Reply 75
Anyone here had to do Chemistry OCR Salters? That was my biggest nightmare :afraid:
Reply 76
Original post by timelizard
what exam board are you for Span?

AQA. I did igcse though and I honestly think the reading and listening are easier at AS than they were at GCSE. The writing, however... At least I don't constantly have to be counting words. Guessing you do Spanish too, which board?
AQA. I did igcse though and I honestly think the reading and listening are easier at AS than they were at GCSE. The writing, however... At least I don't constantly have to be counting words. Guessing you do Spanish too, which board?

I do AQA too, and yeah its not that hard (tho I've heard people say its the hardest exam board for spanish) though I did aqa gcse and there isn't even a written exam just controlled assesment which doesnt count

how have you been revising and stuff? I find it kinda difficult to know what to revise or how to revise. I've done some past papers and I've done quite well in those and Ive gona over tenses for the gapfill part. Essays aren't my strong suit especially since all the essays I've done in class we've brainstormed the arguments before hand so not particularly helpful
Reply 78
Original post by timelizard
I do AQA too, and yeah its not that hard (tho I've heard people say its the hardest exam board for spanish) though I did aqa gcse and there isn't even a written exam just controlled assesment which doesnt count

how have you been revising and stuff? I find it kinda difficult to know what to revise or how to revise. I've done some past papers and I've done quite well in those and Ive gona over tenses for the gapfill part. Essays aren't my strong suit especially since all the essays I've done in class we've brainstormed the arguments before hand so not particularly helpful

Edexcel IGCSE was horrible at the time and so much harder than all the other boards for GCSE, but now I'm glad we did it as it helped so much in terms of being prepared for AS. I've spent quite a lot of time on grammar since there's always that gap fill and the one where you choose the letter of the word to fit the box (hope that makes sense). I've written quite a few essays too and for my oral, I spent a while doing bullet points on basically every topic that could be covered so I'm using those to revise now. In class we spent ages on essays for topics like holidays and friendship which didn't help since if a question came up on those, I just wouldn't choose it.
I think Spanish is the hardest one to plan revision for, since it's so broad.
Edexcel IGCSE was horrible at the time and so much harder than all the other boards for GCSE, but now I'm glad we did it as it helped so much in terms of being prepared for AS. I've spent quite a lot of time on grammar since there's always that gap fill and the one where you choose the letter of the word to fit the box (hope that makes sense). I've written quite a few essays too and for my oral, I spent a while doing bullet points on basically every topic that could be covered so I'm using those to revise now. In class we spent ages on essays for topics like holidays and friendship which didn't help since if a question came up on those, I just wouldn't choose it.
I think Spanish is the hardest one to plan revision for, since it's so broad.

oh the gapfil word one is always the worst... possibly the hardest Q in the paper
Yeah same, for my oral I made a notebook with points and stuff. When you do essays how do you know... when youve written a good one if that makes sense? i don't do any essay subjects (and this sounds so stupid) so I dont fully get the point of that. is it just to see if you can come up with stuff under timed conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest